Campercontact Argghhhh!! (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I have Sygic Europe, paid £20.99

as I already had Co Pilot EU , I emailed Campercontact before buying Sygic ,

this was the reply

Dear James,

Thank you for your message. At this moment it's only possible to use TomTom, Navigon and Sygic. We use a standard template to connect with navigation software. These three (Sygic works only on Android, TomTom and Navigon both) are the only ones compatible. We are looking for ways to implement more navigation software. We have it on our list of future improvements. However, I don't think this will change in the near future.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,

NKC | Europa’s grootste camperclub
Thanks Jim.
Does Sygic have a camper/rv setting like Copilot ?

I'm not keen on 'car' sat navs that will inevitably lead you to a low bridge at some point !

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Once downloaded onto your sat nav, how can you search for them? Does your sat nav allow you to search using the site code?

wherever I am, I select 3rd party POI on device, there are my different sets. I can select either from all of them or a specific list (say campercontact one), and nearest stops will appear?

Or if researching an area can select it and search there, find one that suits and head for it..

You got that gorgeous van yet?:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
wherever I am, I select 3rd party POI on device, there are my different sets. I can select either from all of them or a specific list (say campercontact one), and nearest stops will appear?

Or if researching an area can select it and search there, find one that suits and head for it..

You got that gorgeous van yet?:)
In Provence for the next couple of weeks
Have arranged to collect on Wednesday 29th
It's like waiting for the baby to be born
Can hardly wait
There was a Carthago Chic parked opposite us last night, couldn't help giving it s few looking looks

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the input all. Interesting comments.

One of the tips that I've picked up is to go to the map FIRST. I've been doing it arse-about-face. In other words, going to the Via Michelin site for the map/route and then going back to Campercontact to see if there's any acceptable Aires in the locale.

Praps I had a bad day yesterday? Just wanted to chuck it out of the window. You know what they say, "To err is human; to really sod things up, get a computer!"

To be fair, despite having Campercontact for a while, I've never really played with it properly. We get lazy in this day and age..... we expect to turn it on and just like Dana, it does All kinds of everything!

Thanks again, I'm off to have another bash!:restmycase:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
To be fair, despite having Campercontact for a while, I've never really played with it properly. We get lazy in this day and age..... we expect to turn it on and just like Dana, it does All kinds of everything!

I think we are all guilty of that.. only read instructions when we are in deep poo . :LOL:

I like to play at home first, especially with a new sat nav.. take it on a few routes I know, find out how it works and if it has any bad habits.. a bit like Campercontact.. it's worth getting to grips with it.. practice at home first..

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
off topic. got a uber cab from Piccadilly circus to st reatham last night and he was using a TT... I was impressed as it went exactly the route I would have driven even including dropping daughter of first in clapham. there is no way my garmin does this! very impressed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Familiarity with the equipment makes it look easy. Actually that is just adding a "way Point" to the route, my cheapy Chinese does that. (y)

If what your saying true i need a new satnav:(

he was a nice Italian lad new to London whereas I have lived here all my life, and was just following the screen (as I was) after inputting both post codes.

as said there is no way my garmin would follow such a logical route....

Reactions: DBK
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
You can buy a sygic for large vehicles but the price of £129 put me off.I input the coordinates into my sat nav.
Me too.
I've just visited the app store, it looks like Sygic Europe is only £14.99 at the moment, got to be worth a go at that price !

I mostly use Campercontact when I'm in an area looking for a local overnight stop, so perhaps vehicle dimensions might not be such an issue...

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
a logical route.

Well, when we were away in May for three weeks it was all "pastures new" to me, Belgium, Luxembourg, Southern Bavaria. I relied on my sat nav and Campercontacts entirely, I never had a map out which is unusual for me. I pride myself on my efficiency with maps.
Now Mrs Moo grudged my spending money on yet another gadget, the sat nav ! a whole £45 ! Well when we rolled into the site in Luxembourg, the route and access had been quite contorted, she said as I pulled up at the gate, "That is amazing ! Well done Katie". Katie and her are good friends now. Of course now it is nothing to do with me and if I go "Off route - recalculating" I not only get Katies disdainful voice, Mrs Moo chips in "Can't you do what you are told !!" :(

Meant to say that whenever I laid a route in, I always looked at the route in preview just to check the general lay of the route and that she wasn't taking me for a run around just to avoid a toll or such like.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If what your saying true i need a new satnav:(

he was a nice Italian lad new to London whereas I have lived here all my life, and was just following the screen (as I was) after inputting both post codes.

as said there is no way my garmin would follow such a logical route....
What would it do then, surely there's only one way

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was useing sat navs twenty years ago that you could put different drops in , in a van in Birmingham. I could plan my whole route in one.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What would it do then, surely there's only one way
One way for what? The shortest route? The quickest? The one using least fuel? The one avoiding ferries? The one avoiding tolls? Factor in hold-ups due to traffic and the answer which is the best route is not so obvious.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One way for what? The shortest route? The quickest? The one using least fuel? The one avoiding ferries? The one avoiding tolls? Factor in hold-ups due to traffic and the answer which is the best route is not so obvious.
Depends what you tell it, they all do that

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have paid version of camper contact on my Samsung note 3.
I downloaded the maps of the countries that I needed.
When looking for a place, I pick up the country map, and enlarge on roughly the area I am heading. Look at the reviews, pick one, and enter coordinates into my tom tom.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

I dont think I'm getting through to some:) have been using garmin since 2000 and I dont think in all that time in London (when i have used one as I know my way round) has it has ever taken a cleaver route avoiding traffic, what I consider short cuts? The TT did......thats all im saying, and why I was impressed and surprised to be honest. It just seemed more intuative...that all. not a clue what model it was....

I have paid version of camper contact on my Samsung note 3.
I downloaded the maps of the countries that I needed.
When looking for a place, I pick up the country map, and enlarge on roughly the area I am heading. Look at the reviews, pick one, and enter coordinates into my tom tom.
You can save all the coordinates to your satnav so no need to input anything..... The files on CamperContact site

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Not that tecified :-( lol