Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Is there a definitive manual/destructions/video (not Dutch) that will guide me through Campercontact. Nearly threw it out of the window today!

Not used it before, even though I've had it for ages. Have always relied on All the Aires books and a bog-standard Navman sat nag.

I'm fed up with looking at a suitable Aire, then clicking on 'Map' then zooming out to see where it is in relation to where I want to go. I remember a post on here saying it was 'clunky'. Clunky? It's prehistoric! Ok, so I appreciate the Dutch volunteers for making all available AND for the really cheap price (for the full version) but at this rate, I won't turn a wheel!

Today, I had a PC running Via Michelin, an iPad, iPad mini, a Navman sat nag and my phone all running to retrieve info.

Haven't even started on downloading POI's - which I probably can't anyway coz I'm using CoPilot Live. Arghhhhh!

Anyone got tips or shortcuts. AND PLEASE, no comments like "Works for me" or "its a breeze to use" because I will lose the will to live (n)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I download from campingcar-infos.com before venturing across the channel and have all the information I need about aires offline :D

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know why everyone on here keeps pushing camper contact, tried the free part of it and thought it was rubbish so just can't bring myself to pay for it, park4night knocks it into cocked hats for me

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Has loads of useful info, have used it for couple of years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know I should not say this BUT "works for me".

Wake it up and click all sites and it uses GPS to give you the closest to your present location, if you want to plan ahead with it just put a destination in the "search by name/site code or location and use filters to give only ACSI or camping cheques etc, find the site you fancy and then click route and if you have TomTom on the same device it puts the route straight into TomTom, strangely it does not do the same for Co-Pilot. If you have downloaded the Maps or have data it will show the location on its own map if you click MAP.

If you dont have it on a device without GPS I have not got a clue.

Martin

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The PC version is not perfect but the mobile version is excellent. I have found it very easy to use and the, for me, recently discovered filter is a powerful feature.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I paid for the full " app " never got it to work .........

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The PC version is not perfect but the mobile version is excellent. I have found it very easy to use and the, for me, recently discovered filter is a powerful feature.
Agreed the mobile version is much easier to use than the desktop version. The CC could learn a lot from campercontact

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It kept locking up my tablet , so i uninstalled it completely ,same with my phone . I gave up the will to live

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For me , although it only does France , if you have an android device , there is an app called imaginatively , France Aires , if you go to the store it is the one with the green camping car sign , and beats them all although it costs something like £1.49 , it has them all and all you have to do is click on it and it tells you all the aires that are around you and you don't have to have a Internet connection . The it directs you right to the gate.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It kept locking up my tablet , so i uninstalled it completely ,same with my phone . I gave up the will to live
That's a shame because it's a great tool one you get to grips with it

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I find it very good and easy, more especially when you download the maps so that you can use it offline. Which I found I nearly always was. Having said that I keep finding bits that enhance it.

What is it not doing that is giving you grief ?

If you are planning ahead I would start with Maps selecting the area you want to be then selecting an Aire/site/stellplatz/service area from the map. Having chosen a likely oasis I then selected "contact", from the details I then inputted the address or co-ords into my cheapy Chinese satnav then "Katie" chaperoned us to the door/gate in her subtle yet quasi Gestapo manner no lahddy dah "please" from her like my mates Cheapy Pakki Range Rover does. Never let us down, she is a £45 gem ! (y)(y)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We also paid for the full version, NKC ..i did initially have problems as it couldnt "find that I had paid " or something like that, got in touch with them and immediately they sorted it, been working great since and have used it more than the aires book

Kath

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I found that the version I downloaded only worked in the portrait mode, despite autorotate being turned on. It was a right pain in the ar#e. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We need everything including Campercontact as well as the usual suspects like All the Aires and Acsi Cc when touring . I find the free "Searchforsites "very good when online . Is seems that no one site or publication has every Aire and campsite but Searchforsites comes pretty close .

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We swear by it.

It has helped us have a few stress free holidays to date.
It works seamlessly with Sygic satnav. Best app I have ever purchased.

Mine is on a Galaxy S5, although a Tesco Hudl runs it OK also.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Another vote for Campercontact App.. :)

I've tried the rest.. this is the best (y)

Run it on a Galaxy S3 with Sygic

my only complaint was it didn't work with Co-Pilot , hence Sygic

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Another vote for Campercontact App.. :)

I've tried the rest.. this is the best (y)

Run it on a Galaxy S3 with Sygic

my only complaint was it didn't work with Co-Pilot , hence Sygic
I agree Campercontact best for Aires and Sygic very good also

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I love campercontact
The app is great for choosing sites using the map function
The website is a bit clunky but is great for reading all the reviews in English

Agree...App on phone knows where I am and searches from that spot? ( have you GPS on phone on?)

Or I can look where im heading by putting in City or searching on map? I still use the satnav for navigation though. As have downloaded all the POI from campercontact site to device. Sorry but find it easy peasey:)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Agree...App on phone knows where I am and searches from that spot? ( have you GPS on phone on?)

Or I can look where im heading by putting in City or searching on map? I still use the satnav for navigation though. As have downloaded all the POI from campercontact site to device. Sorry but find it easy peasey:)
Once downloaded onto your sat nav, how can you search for them? Does your sat nav allow you to search using the site code?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Once downloaded onto your sat nav, how can you search for them? Does your sat nav allow you to search using the site code?
On my Garmin I have to search using the City field. This isn't perfect as it won't show a spot close to a city but which is listed under say a village.

I find it easier to use the map in the app, select the site I want, then look at its entry to see the address then search for that on the satnav. It might come back with more than one but I just select the one I want.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On my Garmin I have to search using the City field. This isn't perfect as it won't show a spot close to a city but which is listed under say a village.

I find it easier to use the map in the app, select the site I want, then look at its entry to see the address then search for that on the satnav. It might come back with more than one but I just select the one I want.
I tend to use the app to locate a potential site
Input the site code into the desktop version so I can read the reviews in English
Then enter the co-ordinates into my sat nav
Would be great if you could search your sat nav by site code

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Going slightly off topic, what version of Sygic are you all using ?

Do I need the truck version ? I have been put off by the high price tag.

Was going to purchase co-pilot but am aware of it's incompatibility with Campercontact.

A seamless solution would be great as I love Campercontact !

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
version of Sygic are you all using ?

I have Sygic Europe, paid £20.99

as I already had Co Pilot EU , I emailed Campercontact before buying Sygic ,

this was the reply

Dear James,

Thank you for your message. At this moment it's only possible to use TomTom, Navigon and Sygic. We use a standard template to connect with navigation software. These three (Sygic works only on Android, TomTom and Navigon both) are the only ones compatible. We are looking for ways to implement more navigation software. We have it on our list of future improvements. However, I don't think this will change in the near future.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,

NKC | Europa’s grootste camperclub

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back