CamperContact App now Translates! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just updated my CamperContact app (Android) and it now offers translations of the reviews. They will be machine translations of course but still a significant improvement for an already useful app. I guess the iOS version does the same but someone will need to confirm that.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just updated my CamperContact app (Android) and it now offers translations of the reviews. They will be machine translations of course but still a significant improvement for an already useful app. I guess the iOS version does the same but someone will need to confirm that.
They told me translation was in 'development' - delighted !

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
that is good news, will save me time doing it myself....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just checked it out but it wanted access to my photo album, and my files and my first born child, so out it went... can't think of an app that lasted so little time on my phone!!!!

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My early fiddlings with it suggest it is quite quick if there are only a few reviews but it takes a while, even on a campsite WiFi as I am now, if there are a lot of reviews.

The first review here is amusing, it mentions there is no "separate crane" but the original Dutch word was "kraan" which means any of these :

tap, cock, crane, jib crane, derrick, gin, hoist, faucet, fine fellow, demoiselle

So I can see why a machine struggles with those choices!

Screenshot_20160630-163250.png

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just done an update and it's still in double Dutch in my IPhone - maybe the started with the unpopular phones first?
Ah, there are two sorts of updates, update data and updating the app. On my phone I have to go into the Play Store and select My Apps. I can then select update all or select just a single app and update that one.

I think on iOS you have to go into the app store but I don't know if you can update individual apps or you have to do all of them.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ah, there are two sorts of updates, update data and updating the app. On my phone I have to go into the Play Store and select My Apps. I can then select update all or select just a single app and update that one.

I think on iOS you have to go into the app store but I don't know if you can update individual apps or you have to do all of them.
Just checked on App Store and my version on Campercontact is not showing as having an update available - though 5 other Apps did. I can choose to update them individually or en mass.
Maybe they update them in batches?
Funny I only just paid and got the latest version a couple of weeks ago

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just checked on App Store and my version on Campercontact is not showing as having an update available - though 5 other Apps did. I can choose to update them individually or en mass.
Maybe they update them in batches?
Funny I only just paid and got the latest version a couple of weeks ago
Sounds like the translating update isn't available for Apple yet. :( But I am sure it will come soon.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sounds like the translating update isn't available for Apple yet. :( But I am sure it will come soon.
Typical
Good job I keep well stocked library of European dictionaries in my van

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Last update on iOS was the 16th May, fingers crossed the next update for us apple users will be very soon and include the translation of reviews

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Just popped into an Aire? near Larousa Portugal to check it out. Talked to a Dutch couple.... Chose their van,as the dutch ALL speak English LOL. He showed me the Campercontact ? app? on his phone,explained about reviews and scrolled down through various reviews under different flags,until he came to the union jack,and there were reviews in English,i was very impressed.
Will locate the Aire on a map and post,as i went on directions to it from local people IE. Portugues language coming at me,words twenty to the dozen fingers pointed wildly in various directions,i thought afterwards,could it have been because the car has....Porty plates?LOL.
It was peacefull,loads of room between each unit,50 yds from a restaurant and river,water and dump area clean and tidy,so whats wrong......... Nothing,unless you like Aires where you are packed in like sardines.....oh,and it was free........
Tea Bag

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
That's great news, but it won't stop me submitting reviews of Aires that I visit.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi. This Aire as in above post.
Coming from Oliviera do Hospital on the N17 south,you come to Venda da Esparanca,turn left for Lourosa,on the EN 1323,keep going through Lourosa,ignore campiismo signs,go past the football ground on your left,Camping site on your right,ignore,keep going. At this point the road surface is new,but it meanders along down,keep going,come to battered old Campismo sign,ignore,road surface goes back to old,keep going,you will then come to a largish village,keep your eyes peeled for a Camping car dump point sign..then just follow these signs, it is in Campercontact,it is very quiet and out of the way,very clean waste and water points and a pathway leading from the site to a Restaurant and the river bank...50yds.
Sorry for the lack of proper information,the mission was to find it,which we did however,once there,i reverted to "Tipper" mode and sped back to the quarry for another load..... oooops HOME! LOL.
I would have no hesitation of laying my head there of a night,but it is....... sssshhhhhh......quiet.
Tea Bag

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I had paid for my app but on updating it they now say it's the light version so I have to pay again, I won't be using it till the autumn now so I'll guess I have to stump up again. We found it very useful but a pain to go online to find the translation, I too hope this translates offline.

skipper64

Free Member
Nov 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi ,
Just checked on my iPad,message to say translation now available.Checked and there is a button to click on to translate to the language of your app.Worked brilliantly,to my mind this has really made the app.the best of its kind available.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
And here comes another question,so come on collective brains.
I have had a look at Campercontact site on the pooter,after being shown it in action on a phone at the site in Portugal above. Please could someone tell me if it will work on a Samsung Mini Galaxy at least 5years old ?
If not,being the proud owner of a..Noza tec Chinese truck sat nav that works for me (I only use it as a Sat Nav !),would it be worth buying a cheap Chinese "Mega whatever phone" and learn how to use that ?
Remember,whatever you suggest,HAS to be "Fool proof PLUS and some" Thanks in advance for any help.
Tea Bag (Luddite extraordinaire)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I had paid for my app but on updating it they now say it's the light version so I have to pay again, I won't be using it till the autumn now so I'll guess I have to stump up again. We found it very useful but a pain to go online to find the translation, I too hope this translates offline.
The payment is a yearly subscription not a one off payment like other apps.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Doesn't work on mine yet either
Have to say the Camper Contact App has been very dissapointing
This trip is the first time we've used it in anger and its been a bit unreliable
Know others swear by it so it may well be me

Oh currently on Narbonne Place Aire a beautiful sunny 28c (y)

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
Just updated mine and I can confirm that translation does require tin ter net. I started to download all the photos as well as it said 10 minutes but after half an hour and only 7,% done I abandoned it.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
App Store has just updated Campercontact to the latest version.

Yipeeeee

Just wished it used Google Maps on the IPhone rather than Apple Maps

OMG !!!!!

Now it does give you the option to choose which map you use

Happy days !

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just a reminder to folk, you have to update the app through the app store for iOS or play store for Android. The option to update within the app is for the data only.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just updated mine and I can confirm that translation does require tin ter net. I started to download all the photos as well as it said 10 minutes but after half an hour and only 7,% done I abandoned it.
You need a good Internet connection then it will only take ten minutes or so

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi.
And here comes another question,so come on collective brains.
I have had a look at Campercontact site on the pooter,after being shown it in action on a phone at the site in Portugal above. Please could someone tell me if it will work on a Samsung Mini Galaxy at least 5years old ?
If not,being the proud owner of a..Noza tec Chinese truck sat nav that works for me (I only use it as a Sat Nav !),would it be worth buying a cheap Chinese "Mega whatever phone" and learn how to use that ?
Remember,whatever you suggest,HAS to be "Fool proof PLUS and some" Thanks in advance for any help.
Tea Bag (Luddite extraordinaire)
It should work on your Samsung, you can download it for free, which comes with about 10% of the data so you can give it a try.

You can download the POI file from there website in different formats but how you squirt them into a Chinese satnav I can't help.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Last update on iOS was the 16th May, fingers crossed the next update for us apple users will be very soon and include the translation of reviews
I wish they would do another update, ie, so that the site can be viewed in landscape mode, Android and Apple. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back