CAMPERCONTACT .. 17,500 motorhome stops in 38 (European) countries (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@ScotJimland We have been using CamperContact for a couple of years now .......... last year in Portugal we stumbled across a place to night stop (no signs etc) only to find a Dutch van pulled alongside 30 mins later...... anyway, they told us it was listed on their 'camper contact app'............ mine was the free one :rolleyes:

Moral of the story? upgraded to the 'paid for' app........... found way more sites and detail etc........ it has been useful ever since(y)

We use it in conjunction with all our other resources on where to stay. Worth it's weight in gold :D:D

Funny thing is ........ every where you go......... you will find the Dutch have been there first ;):D

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just downloaded and installed the POIs for TomTom.. no problems.. (y) (also available for Garmin)

The phone app is a good tool for searching and looking at the sites while away from home .. and for navigation.. but prefer my TT as a sat nav.. so ..belts and braces..

Have also been perusing the 'routes' on the website, .. some really good ones and some great ideas.. :cool:

Funny thing is ........ every where you go......... you will find the Dutch have been there first ;):D

It just dawned on me why the Dutch are such great travelers..... it's because they live in such a tiny boring country .. :ROFLMAO: they just have to go somewhere else to travel.. (only joking)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It just dawned on me why the Dutch are such great travelers..... it's because they live in such a tiny boring country .. :ROFLMAO: they just have to go somewhere else to travel.. (only joking)

You're not so far out actually..... we made good friends with the Dutch couple I mentioned (still in contact) and they said that Holland is actually not very motorhome friendly as it happens........ hence the Dutch get out more :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
so does camper contact have unofficial stops as well as regular Aires?

edit: Doh!... just realised had already downloaded the free Garmin csv file last year :)

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Sorry to sound a bit thick ( I know I am) but so when you purchase the full item , is that not the full or do you ( as you say ) have to add bits i.e. upload bits, not sure quite what you mean.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@FIDGET The 'free' version is quite restricted in content and use.............. the full one is the 'paid for' app (y)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
yes I understand that & quite OK to purchase the app. but it was what Jim said about what you upload or have added, is what I am confused about. I presume that if I upload the app it should all be there without adding or uploading various bits if that's the case.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sorry to sound a bit thick ( I know I am) but so when you purchase the full item , is that not the full or do you ( as you say ) have to add bits i.e. upload bits, not sure quite what you mean.

nothing to add.. it's ready to go out of the box...(y)

I was uploading a site I know.. that's a facility on the site.. for the anoraks like me :LOL:

but you can download maps to work offline.. :)

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Hi,
Is the charge a one off or is it an annual charge? Looks too good to be true, however I have a Snooper D8500 and I don't know if I can add to my system.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi,
Is the charge a one off or is it an annual charge? Looks too good to be true, however I have a Snooper D8500 and I don't know if I can add to my system.

annual charge

if you go to the main site you can download the POI sets for either TT or Garmin.. can't help with Snooper.. sorry .. but I'm sure someone else will help

Broken Link Removed

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thanks Jim & Chocksaway ,
I understand know, sorry
I will download over the weekend. Won't be using until Sept but want to get to know what I'm doing before hand.
Terry

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I will download over the weekend. Won't be using until Sept but want to get to know what I'm doing before hand.
Terry

Crikey :eek: When I checked earlier and found out mine was out of date my missus said 'wait until April' before paying for it again! Well..... that'll be another 6 weeks worth in a years time haha :D

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
strangely the first page of this thread gets detected by my anti malware and anti tracking software as containing a link to p.skimresources.com. it seems doing a little research to target forum software to catch the unwary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back