Camper van parking gets go-ahead in South Ayrshire towns as leader hails it vital for tourism (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not a lot of information but I had to laugh at the idea that providing overnight motorhome parking will lead to a lot of quad bikes and horses being around. That councillor sounds like he needs educating.

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
we went to Girvan in august last year think there was only 2 other motorhomes in the car park, I did use the toilet for emptying cassette but did not see any problems there was also travellers caravan parked there but that did not appear to be causing any problem

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Have always had this area on our ‘places to visit’, so will certainly bump this up the list👍
let’s hope the idea catches on with other authorities.
Always good to read some positive news.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Excellent news. We wild at Ayr often but wont mind a fiver. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Great news, any town providing overnight parking, with waste water facilities at a reasonable charge is a move forward for all that wish to visit.
That is provided its not abused by overstayers, like the summer full timer parked in Blackburn Road with his disabled chariot in a disabled bay,(as can be seen on google earth) he sets up every year for the entire summer. Sadly he thinks he is not doing anything wrong, it may have been overlooked in the past, but this sort of action IMO, is taking the mickey out of the good nature of the towns council.
Thank you Ayrshire Council for this much needed progressive move.
LES

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Not a lot of information but I had to laugh at the idea that providing overnight motorhome parking will lead to a lot of quad bikes and horses being around. That councillor sounds like he needs educating.
You can not blame someone having those views if they have suffered from a section of the community before, and could again if it’s made easy to get on.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You can not blame someone having those views if they have suffered from a section of the community before, and could again if it’s made easy to get on.
As I say he needs educating in how motorhome parking works in other countries eg France and that most motorhomers are not member's of the traveller community.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But nothing to stop them using it though is there
Well there is if they police the 24 hr rule unless they constantly want to move every day. Other countries have travellers but seem to manage ok. If it's a problem alter the rules.

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
I think it’s a great idea we will be making use of them on our way up to Millport I think £5 is reasonable and with waste facilities too the North Yorkshire aires charge that with none.
Liz

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
My Daughter lives in Ayr and for the last couple of years one guy and his camper van spent the complete summer on the sea front much to the annoyance of the locals,
I personally think a few days is acceptable but not weeks on end,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back