Camper satnav comes to Android Auto (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Sygic Truck (also aimed at motorhomes) is a phone app that allows you to put in vehicle dimensions to be considered in the routing. But so far it's been confined to the phone screen. Apparently they are adding the Android Auto functionality from the car version of the app, so you can use it on a suitable Android Auto compatible in-dash radio.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Wonder if those of us who already have Sygic RV version paid for license will get this through the update precess, or will it require a new purchase. Will keep an eye on update messages and see what transpires.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I Use Android Auto in our car, so this MH version would be useful, we can drive around saying "Wouldn't come this way with the MH"
Big Fan of Android Auto, I can fox my English friends into believing my Citreon Radio is picking up BBC Radio 2 here in Spain, where its only mirroring my Smartphone hidden out of sight....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Guigsy
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
CORRECTION: I've just realised that this is for Android AUTOMOTIVE.... which in true Google style is not the same as Android Auto.

Android Automotive is running Android within the entertainment system of your vehicle. Whereas Android Auto (much like CarPlay) is basically a dumb second screen and your phone runs the app.

So Sygic Truck won't be appearing on my motorhome satnav any time soon.... booo!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back