Camper Contact (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just wanted to check before buying, this is the app highly recommended isn't it ?
For use in UK and France this summer.
Just asking because the free lite version on my phone is completely useless so thought I'd better make sure before buying.
TIA

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The free one hardly gives you any sites, the paid one much better, we use it all the time better now with the translate. You don't have to faff about going to their website to translate, you still need Internet to translate though but not to use the app after downloading maps from the Internet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Have downloaded the app, but to buy full version it says for all 2016 sites, will see if it updates next week before buying full version !

Reactions: f6c
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have downloaded the app, but to buy full version it says for all 2016 sites, will see if it updates next week before buying full version !
You can update the app at any time during the first 12 months
There is a update data button on the homepage of the app

Reactions: f6c

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The app actually states the sites update every day so download regularly to keep your app up to date

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I can't understand why you need to buy the app. Although you can down load the the POI for the sat nav for free. Why is that? I would happily buy it if there was any advantage

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Personally didn't like it and have now deleted it from my phone it constantly let us down. Much prefer Acsi and Bordatlas plus the pre loaded sites on CoPilot, adds up to thousands of site all over Europe and more reliable.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
why you need to buy the app

I think the main reason is for downloading maps, so that you can then browse and use the maps off line which is what I always seem to be when I need to find a lair.
The purchased app is a much more usable and substantially more featured thing. As I recollect it is not a kings ransom anyway.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
a difference?

Sorry but I did a search and it looks like you need to invest in a cheapie android or an expensive "I" phone, to play. I find the app very useful but maybe there are other equally extensive POI sites but the overall package Iand others think is pretty good, with a satnav built in and even a "my camper(location)" when you stray downtown and you don't take precise details (in foreign street names that when you get confused all look alike) it satnavs you home to your mobile Shangri La. That has come in useful on several occasions !! I tend to sort out likely stops the evening before then with the campercontact
co-ordinates plonked into my cheapie chinkie satnav (state of the art !!) I set off. If not convinced of the suitability, a quick touch of the screen brings up the local potentials nearest to my new location, then try again.

I have a smartphone/tablet running on Windows. Can I download and install the Campercontact-app?
No. The app is only developed for Android and iOS. We have chosen for this because these operating systems are running on more than 90% of smartphones and tablets. If there is a growing demand for a Windows version, we will certainly explore the possibilities. However, at the moment there are no concrete plans regarding a Windows version of the app.

The following answers a few questions http://www.campercontact.com/en/content/FAQ - Campercontact-app

nearly 5000 stops in France alone !

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Personally didn't like it and have now deleted it from my phone it constantly let us down. Much prefer Acsi and Bordatlas plus the pre loaded sites on CoPilot, adds up to thousands of site all over Europe and more reliable.
We love it.. it's never let us down... we always use the ratings system to choose the next stop and we read the reviews. Works very well!

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Yes worth having works well and easy to use. Download maps you need so they work off line. Had a bit of trouble at first on my iPad but works now no problem at all.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I can't understand why you need to buy the app. Although you can down load the the POI for the sat nav for free. Why is that? I would happily buy it if there was any advantage
With the app you can easily search for sites using a filter to find for example aires which are free but have water and waste facilities. You can also see photos of the aires, usually several for each record and read the reviews. Often machine translated but these help identify the turkeys. The map shows where they are so you can look for possible places near where you want to go.
Having decided on a place using the app I then find it on the satnav where the pois are loaded and off we go.
I find the downloaded maps inferior to the Google maps but they do work offline which can be very useful for those times (usually infrequent) when we can't connect to the webby thing.
At £4 a year it isn't exactly expensive. I suggest get an Android tablet and use the app on that. The larger screen makes using the map much better.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We use Camper Contact all the time when we're abroad.

The paid for version has more locations than the free version.

Like other posters we choose based on ratings and use the filters to make sure we get what we want.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Well, just coughed up my four and a half quid and well impressed!
Especially downloading it all and being able to use it when offline.
Have had a good play with it and have to say if it performs as well offline as it does at home I'll be a very happy bunny.
That, combined with acsi books ( when they turn up!) and well sorted!

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Camper contact Every time,I have it on my I pad used it through Spain and Portugal + France ,does not fail.
Will be using it again Jan to April this year in all 3 countries

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Is it actually called camper contact , because I can't find it on my iPad.
Mickey.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
IMG_0652.PNG

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi yes that is what I put into the search,on the app it says parkings .

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
camper contact

Linky below
Link Removed

In other words camper contact joined up as campercontact that should do it. But I see what you mean the "tab" says parkings but the meat of the page is campercontact

Last edited:

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi great yes that is it

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Great enjoy :winky::winky:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Very good for mainland Europe but there are many more stopovers than it lists we use it in conjunction with several other apps. Useless in the UK.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Very good for mainland Europe but there are many more stopovers than it lists we use it in conjunction with several other apps. Useless in the UK.
Could you list the other apps you use as they may come in handy?

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Bought and downloaded campercontact onto phone.
Next day downloaded it onto tablet and free lite version was installed !
Same google account.
Emailed publisher and will hopefully get a reply in a few days to tell me where I went wrong

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back