Campbells motorhomes (Preston) (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Afternoon all has anyone brought anything from
B2019119-4194-4A4D-8D8F-914DE5B2947D.png
and what did you think of the service you got and the big question would you recommend.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Two brand new caravans, one in 2000, and one in 2007, no problems at all, would use them again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We went there to look at some used motorhomes. They all looked grim. I told the salesman they were dirty and he just told me 'well they are secondhand'.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We went there to look at some used motorhomes. They all looked grim. I told the salesman they were dirty and he just told me 'well they are secondhand'.
I had a similar experience, and I thought their apathy towards me when I was trying to give them £40+k might be an indication of how they might behave if I needed their support post-purchase

They never got a chance to disappoint me .

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Apathetic after sales and dirty vans for sale, Preston Caravans is his brothers business after they fell out!

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Go up the road to Todd’s! Very friendly and we have found their after sales service second to none.
I second that. We travel from N.Wales to Todd's. Their service is excellent and all under one roof.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I second that. We travel from N.Wales to Todd's. Their service is excellent and all under one roof.
We travel from SW Scotland, 300+ miles round trip. They picked up and returned our van when it needed warranty work.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Just seen this post so my apologies for a late-ish reply.
I could write on and on about this company, but won't, l would just say DON'T buy from Campbells.
I discovered after approximately nine months of waiting that Signature of Preston are a main agent for Pilote motorhomes so l arranged for them to do the remedial work that l had been waiting for from Campbells.
The only good think Campbells did was to agree to pick up the bill.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We looked at their stock before we bought the van before the one we have now. I was not impressed with the vans they had on display (dirty and lots of broken fitments - looked like ex-hire vehicles) or the prices or the attitude. We drove down to Todds who were helpful but didn't have what we were looking for although they did suggest a couple of models we had not come across (and they didn't have either in stock).

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We looked at their stock before we bought the van before the one we have now. I was not impressed with the vans they had on display (dirty and lots of broken fitments - looked like ex-hire vehicles) or the prices or the attitude. We drove down to Todds who were helpful but didn't have what we were looking for although they dis suggest a couple of models we had not come across (and they didn't have either in stock).
Many years ago when we were looking to buy a caravan we went in to have a look at their stock and got the keys for a particular one. The salesman said it was in great condition, ready to go, ......etc
He was right, opened it up, stepped in and walked down to the back. It tipped up on it's a**e 'cause the steadies hadn't been put down!:doh: So, really ready to go.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back