Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Who forces anyone?

Ah the conspiracy theory that campsite owners control the Council lol

My campsite is about £20 a night, about £6 a night cheaper that the overnight fee at the services up the road, where you don’t need to book, get nothing other that somewhere to park

There is no option but to use sites in the UK
I paid 11€ last night for a secure aire (Camping Carparks) in France with electricity - I had to leave myself a note to take off the hook up ! - It's so long since I'd used it (for the fridge as it was included)
I didn't use any other facilities as I didn't need them.....no water no emptying.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
There is no option but to use sites in the UK
I paid 11€ last night for a secure aire (Camping Carparks) in France with electricity - I had to leave myself a note to take off the hook up ! - It's so long since I'd used it (for the fridge as it was included)
I didn't use any other facilities as I didn't need them.....no water no emptying.
Brit Stops, Toby Carvery’s Tens of Thousands of CL’s

You can’t simply blame the campsite owners for existing in a format that doesn’t work for you.

Anyway it’s academic all been tried before Councils hate us (Motorhomes) which is why we all feel so free abroad.

As I stated before the Local Authority makes about £10k in rates out of us alone, and would shut us down without a moment’s hesitation if the could.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Admin very touchy,,someone suggested leisure centres should be approached,,i said good idea plenty are used abroad,,Bit my head off,,talking about UK i was told not Europe😁😁. Thought i would leave before i told them a few home truths..BUSBY.
Aye ....ive noticed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Who forces anyone?

Ah the conspiracy theory that campsite owners control the Council lol

My campsite is about £20 a night, about £6 a night cheaper that the overnight fee at the services up the road, where you don’t need to book, get nothing other that somewhere to park
By objecting to any alternatives its an underhand way of forcing.

Hence the forestry commision cutting the trials they were doing till December short to now the end of august.

And there have been others

Its not a conspiracy theory but actual facts that the two large clubs and many independent sites complain constantly about off site campers.

And they influence the local authorities in those areas.

And there's also the multiple cases of alleged reports of waste dumping etc thats originated from campsite owners/employees and local b&b

And during the current climate its the same ones pushing for a nationwide ban on wildcamping.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
By objecting to any alternatives its an underhand way of forcing.

Hence the forestry commision cutting the trials they were doing till December short to now the end of august.

And there have been others

Its not a conspiracy theory but actual facts that the two large clubs and many independent sites complain constantly about off site campers.

And they influence the local authorities in those areas.

And there's also the multiple cases of alleged reports of waste dumping etc thats originated from campsite owners/employees and local b&b

And during the current climate its the same ones pushing for a nationwide ban on wildcamping.
Ah OK then must be true :rofl: Alleged reports:laughing:

Anyway, good luck, it will never happen though.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ah OK then must be true :rofl: Alleged reports:laughing:

Anyway, good luck, it will never happen though.
Exactly...most were untrue ...thats entirely my point. Lying and manipulating seems the way to get public support .

I wonder who they learn that from.

P.s it is happening...😉 and scotland is leading the way

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Just pulled onto an Aire in the centre of Orleans on the banks of the Loire - quiet maybe 40+ pitches only 4 here at the mo - sorry Tam I'm paying again! 6€ for 24 hours with electric.... I'm being robbed :crying:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just pulled onto an Aire in the centre of Orleans on the banks of the Loire - quiet maybe 40+ pitches only 4 here at the mo - sorry Tam I'm paying again! 6€ for 24 hours with electric.... I'm being robbed :crying:
We don't mind paying when its sensible money, stayed on an Aire in a little village a couple of years ago, huge marked out pitches bigger than most campsite pitches, 16 amp EHU & blindingly fast wifi & service included €6 /24 hours.

Another difference with Aires is when paying you get 24 hours, i.e. arrive at 5 pm stay until 4 pm the next day its cost you €6, go to the site down the road at €15 to do the same you would have to pay €30 for two days.

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
It seems that there are people all across the UK who would like free/cheap dump and fill facilities. Lots of people have suggested that when emptying cassettes they leave the toilets cleaner than when they arrived. That being the case, it's surprising that those wanting facilities don't get together and offer their facilities at home for this worthy cause.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It seems that there are people all across the UK who would like free/cheap dump and fill facilities. Lots of people have suggested that when emptying cassettes they leave the toilets cleaner than when they arrived. That being the case, it's surprising that those wanting facilities don't get together and offer their facilities at home for this worthy cause.
Don't think Funsters would have a problem with this. The thing that will constrain it is the fear around how much beer and wine they would drink whilst there!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back