Camp sites near Duxford Imp War Museum and Bletchley Park ( code breaker place ) h (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Still very new , since September 2012
Has any one any experience of sites either within walking distance or bus route for the Imperial War Museum at Duxford Airfield , and the code breaker museum at Bletchley Park , Milton Keynes for a trip in early March .
All I can find is either the theme park type set up for about £24 a night or not open until April. Preferably with hard standing ( as we know our wheels don't like any thing wetter than kitchen roll paper) , and electric would be good but not essential.
Thanks Chaps

OP
OP
O
Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Will give them a call . They certainly seem to have the space ( from google sat maps) . No mention on their pages but this may be to stop the flood gates , thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
CMC club site at Cherry Hinton is open all year and only about 10 miles away from Duxford. I stayed there and used my scooter so it must be quite close! Duxford is more than a day's visit, so ask at the ticket desk for another day's extension as it is far cheaper than two day tickets. Enjoy, it is a fabulous day out!

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
@OttosDad put Duxford in your search box at top right of the page - loads of info in there from previous postings.
HTH
Vin

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Re Bletchley Park. As I am local to Bletchley and visit family a lot. For long visits I use a CL at Stoke Hammond which is about 7 mikes from Bletchley. Look on map and it is located just out of Stoke Hammond on the old road which runs besides the canel towards Bletchley, immediately on your right just past a large set back lay-by. If you are happy to wild I also use the Lay by for a few nights. Road noise not that bad as the new by pass takes a large amount of traffic. It’s an easy drive straight to BP.

OP
OP
O
Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Have called IWM Duxford, welcome to visit in a motorhome, but no camping in any form.
What lost opportunity for them.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
CMC club site at Cherry Hinton is open all year and only about 10 miles away from Duxford. I stayed there and used my scooter so it must be quite close! Duxford is more than a day's visit, so ask at the ticket desk for another day's extension as it is far cheaper than two day tickets. Enjoy, it is a fabulous day out!
Cherry Hinton is about £22 a night in March for 2 adults and s standard pitch. It’s s nice CMC site with all usual facilities. I stayed there when visiting Cambridge. Duxford is definitely worth a visit, and you can spend a very full day there. I recently took my dad there for a day and he loved looking at the planes he worked on in the forties. The car park also takes coaches so will be accessible for your Moho, though you cannot stay overnight. Also worth visiting the Shuttleworth Collection which is less than 30 miles from Duxford

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Have called IWM Duxford, welcome to visit in a motorhome, but no camping in any form.
What lost opportunity for them.

Perhaps you worded it wrong, it's not camping in any form. I'd ask do you mind if I stay in the car park overnight after my visit? I'll be gone first thing in the morning :blusher:

OP
OP
O
Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Did that and yes they did mind . No camping , caravans or Motorhomes overnight. Even tried to explain we are pensioners and from way down South.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Did that and yes they did mind . No camping , caravans or Motorhomes overnight. Even tried to explain we are pensioners and from way down South.
It might be worth asking Shuttleworth if you end up going to both. It’s a small, privately owned collection with big car parks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back