Camp site recommendations please. (1 Viewer)

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Try the aire on the front at Lytham St Annes only £5 a night loads of pubs etc and a short bus/train ride to the UK's capitol of tat Blackpool ( you can also over night at Fleetwood bear the Marine Hall very good or Blackpool Central ( not recommended too many stag and hens etc)

Polobonnie100

Free Member
Feb 15, 2016
Harefield UB9
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
St Neots, C&CC Club site, Cambridgeshire is about a 15 minute flat walk through a park into an interesting town, with a Wetherspoons, etc.
Salisbury C&CC Club site is about the same into the wonderful city, with the cathedral, along a riverside walk, or there's always the bus 5 minutes away.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Cirencester Park C&MC Site - lovely walk into town (but not open all year) with many dog-friendly cafes.....useful if you have a dog!

;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Okay, I reckon, St Neots being closer to Bedford would be great, however, if you have been to St Neots to look around, as you live about 30/40 mins away this may not be such an idea.

I may well give some of the others a try this year, decent drive/ride distance... The UK is your oyster, pick a place, book, drive, enjoy.

Feb 5, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Coniston Park is about a mile walk along the lake to Coniston village in the Lake District. It is a Caravan and Motorhome Clun(CCM.co.uk) site and for member s only but the joining fee is very low and it gives access to many really good campsite.s There is a CL at Coniston right in the village but it is closed until Easter for refurbishment.

anniej

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Herne, Herne Bay, Kent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Exec
Exp
20 years
Captain Pants, you mentioned Crystal Palace, London. Please tell me more

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
Captain Pants, you mentioned Crystal Palace, London. Please tell me more
What do you want to know?

Caravan & Motorhome Club site, open to non-members. Good location on the edge of Crystal Palace park. Surprisingly quiet but a bit of aircraft noise during the day. Level walk to local pubs, restaurants, shops (Sainsbury’s) a vibrant multi- cultural area. Bus service no3 runs from nearby to central London every few minutes 24/7 (can take up to 1hr due to traffic). Lots of other bus routes nearby. Railway station about 15 mins walk. Under threat of development so visit while you can. One of my favourites for a cheap stay in the smoke.
NB in the London Low Emission Zone. Abbey Wood on the other side of London is also good.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Lake district Keswick ccc, is the winner for this, cotswolds broadway c&m, Cornwall Tintagel next to the pub in the town, car park but no facilities but you can stay at Treweth farm c&m round the corner and get the bus into tintagel. Chichester ccc next to the bus stop.
Looking at this it makes me realise that Europe is better for parking a motorhome or perhaps we should be tuggers ?
As Charlie9038 as already quoted above. The Broadway Caravan and Motorhome Club site is another to add to your list. Its easy walking into the town and probably one of the best CMCC sites with most pitches surrounded by plants and trees - but better still its located next door is a steam railway so you can leave the motorhome on site and go off visiting other places by steam. We stayed on this site for two days last year and will be back. Couple of photos taken at the station attached.

Attachments

• Broadway1.JPG
    Broadway1.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Broadway2.JPG
    Broadway2.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
D&J, I suggested Broadway earlier, yes you are correct, never tried the railway when we were there. Were going there later this year in Nov/Dec for the Xmas lights etc. Also to Moreton in Marsh for same reason, plus they have an Xmas market. We were too late to book for last year, but we went to Chatsworth, that was brilliant, despite the flooding they had on site which had gone down. Were back there again this year, about a mile walk into Baslow through Chatsworth estate, catch a bus from Baslow to Chesterfield and Bakewell. Good days out, site is great CMCC site as well, good showers friendly staff, still find it quirky walking to the gate into Chatsworth park, totally different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back