camp site prices (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I used to tug a caravan to Cornwall twice a year for 30 years. Current pitch prices (High season) are £9 pitch, £8.50 per adult, £5 pn electric. No charge for awning or dogs.
Now whilst that is reasonable, once you put children on @ £4.50 pn each, then price climbs. Superb site and clean and free showers.
So I could get away with £26 per night. Me, her and dog.

But once retired, France beckoned and MH was bought. Spent 2 weeks at Montalivet 100 yds from beach for €5 pn when he bothered to collect! (paid 8 times in 15 nights)
Free water facilities ½ mile up the road and solar panel providing leccy.

Still go to Cornwall May/June but friend allows me to stay in their field for free.

£60 pn ??? :Eeek: Must go and have a lie down.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am a regular at Sandy Balls and have been for a number of years we first visited when my kids were young many years ago. Never paid £60 a night though probably because we tend to avoid summer school holidays. The facilities are good the area is ok for walking cycling and fishing. It has a large amount lodges and mobile homes for hire also, have stayed in them too.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Think of campsites like you would restaurants.

You can eat out of other peoples bins at one end (wild camping :winky:) or you can pay a small fortune to eat at "The Ivy"

Personal choice when all said and done.

We tend to pick out sites based on location and what we want to do.

We paid a fortune for our stay in Port Grimaud in August and a luxury villa would undoubtedly have been cheaper. It was so good that we booked again for this year, despite the price.

If I had 365 days a year holiday we wouldn't be able to afford sites like that, so would choose accordingly.

I have tried to book Sandy Balls several times over the last few years and they always seem busy so good luck to them.

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

You certainly seem to get extremes of pricing at Sandy Balls, from £65 per night (plus £5 for dogs) for August bank holiday weekend to 'only' £10 a nights (dogs free) for low season mid week.

As has been said, sites will charge what they can get away with - there must be plenty of people out there willing to pay these prices or the place would be empty.

Luckily, there are plenty of other nice sites to stay on at much lower prices so Sandy Balls can charge £100 a night if they want.

We usually stay on a C&CC site (just under £15 a night low season) or find a Britstops (www.britstops.com) location and stay the night for free.

Paul

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Interesting thread but as I've said before vote with your feet (or vans)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Really? They would have to pay ME to stay there at this time of year :ROFLMAO:

We are on our way there next week, Durness that is, £7's day worth of under floor heating will do it for me, great views, possibility of Northern Light sighting and hardly anybody else will be there

Perfect :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back