Camos CM-562 rear view reversing camera thing (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I'll be honest, don't really like it much when on the road but it does show me the bikes haven't fallen off!

Then when I go to reverse it moves down and now I can't see anything of any use.

Not fitted by me, but would there be a likely easy way to stop it moving from the straight back view to the pointing down totally useless view?

It's on our Hymer B544 and moves when I select reverse...oddly enough (n)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The CM-562 is actually the monitor. It appears that it is installed together with a Camos Tilt Camera (similar camera to the one we have on our van) but that the camera isn't set up properly - possibly come loose? The camera should show the road behind during normal driving and then tilt when reverse is selected to show the area just behind the rear of the van.

It would be worth having a look at the position of the camera (two photos of ours attached for reference) and adjust if that is the problem. We are very pleased with ours.

Attachments

• cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 49
  • cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
The CM-562 is actually the monitor. It appears that it is installed together with a Camos Tilt Camera (similar camera to the one we have on our van) but that the camera isn't set up properly - possibly come loose?

Graham, same camera as yours, it's not come loose and the view behind is correct but when we have the two bikes on the back when I reverse it moves down but the view is obscured by the bikes. If I can stop the 'tilt' action it would be a lot better though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham, same camera as yours, it's not come loose and the view behind is correct but when we have the two bikes on the back when I reverse it moves down but the view is obscured by the bikes. If I can stop the 'tilt' action it would be a lot better though.
OK, I understand now :) Maybe the solution is to take up walking rather than cycling :)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
OK, I understand now :) Maybe the solution is to take up walking rather than cycling :)

That makes more sense than you can imagine :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Not familiar with this camera but certain there will be an input connected to the reversing light circuit if you disconnect it, it should solve your problem.

Cheers Lenny, I'll take a look in the daylight tomorrow :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have simply placed a dash switch in the reverse sensor cable so that I decide when I wish the downward looking angle, for instance when you have no bike on the back.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Do you not have a button on the dash screen to select which view you require. I replaced the camera on my Autocruise as the monitor was missing on purchase and when I contacted the manufacturers/importers they wanted £580 for a replacement monitor !!!! I purchased a two camera system with enough cable for both cameras and monitor for £50 off fleabay. Fitting a doddle (after exchange of reverse switch on gearbox (peugeot boxer)) and all working as should be.. rear camera just sees handlebars on 2nd bike on Thule towbar carrier,, reversing camera shows carrier and a little of rear,, but bets of all is I can select which camera to view even though the system goes to reversing mode when reverse selected. :)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Do you not have a button on the dash screen to select which view you require. :)

Robert, yes it does have that button, but I sorted it to suit me better today by removing the wire from the reverse lights. At least now it will be of some use when backing up, I'll probably be able to see the wife easier at least!

Cheers for the help on this one...another off the things to do list! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back