Cameras - Choosing the right type (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Can anyone recommend any safe, free and user friendly video editing software?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Can anyone recommend any safe, free and user friendly video editing software?
Cameras often come with their manufacturer’s editing and other software.
I find Canon’s DPP really good for simple or pretty complicated post processing.
And gets frequent updates.

Grocklets

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 14, 2021
Badsey, Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Since 2016
Interesting read, in part due to how much has changed since the OP. Canon are now focussing all their development on mirrorless systems, and their latest mirrorless camera offerings the R5 & R6 are £4200 & £2300 respectively, without any lenses!! There’s no doubt this (like many other) hobby can get very expensive very quickly 😁

Grocklets

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 14, 2021
Badsey, Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Since 2016
Cameras often come with their manufacturer’s editing and other software.
I find Canon’s DPP really good for simple or pretty complicated post processing.
And gets frequent updates.
A very good free editing software is G.I.M.P. which has a lot of similar features to Photoshop once you get the hang of using it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I've been into photography since the late 70's starting with a very basic Russian Zenith SLR, moving through Olympus, to Nikon in the mid 80's when I was a self employed photographer for 7 years when I also used a medium format Bronica ETRS.
In 2013 I bought two Nikon D7000 with the intention of going self employed once more but circumstances changed and it never happened.
I found them to be almost as perfect as a camera could be (except that it wasn't full frame) I've lost touch with photographic technology in recent years as I haven't had much time to get my gear out as often as I'd like, but I can't imagine what could be added to my cameras to make them better. (I'm sure there must be a few advances!) Now I'm retired I hope that I can get my mojo back once more. (y)

Feb 18, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF 2016
Stumbled across this thread.
Last time I looked at cameras I thought that I could get an all things camera - stills and video - as all cameras seemed to come with video.
However I couldn't seem to find one with a socket for an external microphone, to eliminate wind noise.
No doubt that has changed again.

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
I think so, I did a bit of reaserch before buying my new camera and it seems that the modern "camera" is geared towards video as much a photo, a lot of the reviews on you tube focused a big chunk on the cameras ability to record video and audio.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back