Camera drones are a nuisance and risk to personal safety (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Seeing various shots from rallies of drones flying over our motorhomes got me thinking

While looking out of my bedroom window where I can see the MH

To avoid embarrassment I really must clean the roof, which really means get up on it to do it properly o_O I don't like heights, and not overly sure my MH likes my 18st wandering around on the roof either :)

Or can we quickly bring in a ban on shots that include close up of roofs :):)(y)(y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
No I have a load of shots of the Stratford dirty roof brigade and will be showing them very soon, somebody did polish theirs though.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
IMG_1697.JPG

I'm climbing your ladder as we speak David;):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The sad thing is that in order to get most into shot I had to go too high to actually show the real dirt.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We might need to bring in the blurred images we see on news items and similar, for those of us that do not give permission to be humiliated in public :LOL::LOL:

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
What's needed is drone controlled mop! Followed up with drone chamois and polish!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Morning Phil, I never did a flight over your roof like I promised did I? Never mind next time(y);)

just as well, we dont want to frighten the femails

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We were at Le Mans last week. A Dutch guy flying a drone over the camp site, showing off a bit. Next thing we hear is an argument and site security throwing him off the site. No discussion, reminded me of funsters a few years back releasing Chinese lanterns at a midsummer music show and security getting upset.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Drones a nuisance?.... Most definitely.
A risk to personal safety?...Yes. Drones / parts of drones falling from above when hit with a 12 bore shot are an obvious danger.
Yah-boo-hiss! some people want to drop their grey water without being filmed, AND they make a lot less noise than a generator.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Yah-boo-hiss! some people want to drop their grey water without being filmed, AND they make a lot less noise than a generator.

Is that today's pearl of wisdom, or is it just irrelevant bollocks?
Who's on about grey water or generators (which, BTW, don't allow nosey gits to film kids at play and people's private lives)?

Most folk don't want these annoying things buzzing about the place.
They intrude on our privacy.
You may see filming people doing everyday things as some sort of schoolboy penis substitute, but many of us would readily shoot the things down.
Seen it done locally.
Great laugh, amazing how many pieces these things break down into. The owner was a bit upset.
Went on about how much he'd paid for it (like anyone else cared).
He should have flown it over his own garden rather than filming other people's kids at play.
Had he done so he would still have it in one piece.
Private property and privacy are just that, not something to be done away with because some prat thinks it's a giggle.

Just a thought...If I were to walk around outside your garden fence, filming you and your family at play / rest, Your wife / daughter sunbathing, would that be ok, or is it only ok if you use a drone?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I was told by a local that the French have been using them for years to identify pool owners who haven't declared them (presumably there's some sort of water or amenity tax).

I similar vein, crims have used Google Earth/Street view to identify and reconnoitre the layout of potential targets (and lead on church roofs). On Google Earth I can read the number plate of my motorbike parked in my back garden.

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Thier was one at a show I picked up some stones ready for my caturpult,

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
It's not the drone is it... its the prats flying them. Give the general public anything and it will be abused.

DroneSightings.jpg

It's not your kids or your dirty roof you need to worry about, privately operated drones generally fly between 1-1000 ft, which is precisely the most vulnerable altitude for aircraft in terms of flying with flaps, landing gear deployed, and slower airspeeds.

Picture take from a drone below...

Drones-Vision-of-Future-CASS-Global-Security.jpg

Imagine that getting sucked into the engine just before landing... Oh yeah I know all you aircraft experts out there will say... "but the aircraft is on a glide path and it will not matter the engine is damaged" I don't give a f**** so there!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i reckon the first pic is a fake.
that aircraft may be on a landing glide-path but will still be well in excess of 200mph, the drone would be gone before it could be seen.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I don't like drones as they can be an invasion of privacy. The police and FB use them to great effect plus professional people as well. Of course these are all used sensibly and for a good reason - someone using a 12 bore on these and any others are committing a criminal damage offence.

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
i reckon the first pic is a fake.

Its meant as an illustration highlighting the facts in the captions in the illustration. I would have thought that is obvious

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
if one was flying over your private property I could see why people could get upset, but in a safe puplic placeI see no reason to worry its no differant to somebody having a hand held camera, yes it COULD be used as something perverse but so could many things.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Two weeks ago a piper PA28 out off stapleford a small general aviation airfield to the NE of London had to do a precautionary landing at Southend after hitting a drone, and last year a Biz Jet on the instrument landing system into Biggin hill had a large drone go over the top of his wing, no time for evasive action and quite lucky to miss the engine,
Unfortunately IMO it's only a question of time before loss of life will happen with idiots using drones in areas they shouldn't be flying in.
The CAA should licence drone pilots with a minimum Air law exam pass before they are allowed to fly,

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Miserable old gits, Drones can be fun if used responsibly

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I don't give a damn that you see my roof 'coz it's not dirty see, I'm growing a snooker table innitt. :D2

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I don't like drones as they can be an invasion of privacy. The police and FB use them to great effect plus professional people as well. Of course these are all used sensibly and for a good reason - someone using a 12 bore on these and any others are committing a criminal damage offence.

12 Bore doesn't leave evidence the way a rifle bullet does.
Who shot it down?
Not me, Officer. Look at my nice unfired (recently cleaned) gun.
You would need to be next to the shooter to prove anything.

.....and....BANG!...."sale or repair". :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back