CAMC to open Welsh and Scottish sites before England . (1 Viewer)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Email from CAMC . Plan is to open Welsh and Scottish sites before England but not taking any new Scottish bookings at the moment .

We hope you are staying safe and well. Following the recent Government announcements from across the UK, we are now able to be able to provide an update on our UK Club campsites. While we do have some planned reopening dates now, any Club campsite bookings between now and these new dates will unfortunately need to be amended or cancelled.
Club campsites in England

We are pleased to say it is our ambition to reopen all our Club campsites in England for stays <Broken link removed>, subject to the government guidance and rules. However, this means any bookings between now and <Broken link removed>inclusive will need to be amended or cancelled.
Club campsites in Scotland

All our Club campsites in Scotland will now remain closed up to and including <Broken link removed>. Therefore, this means any bookings between now and <Broken link removed>inclusive will need to be amended or cancelled. No new bookings are currently being accepted for the period <Broken link removed>, if you have a booking between these dates, you are encouraged NOT to cancel your booking yet. We will publish an update as soon as possible once we have further guidance from the Scottish Government. However, bookings can currently be made for stays <Broken link removed>onwards.
Club campsites in Wales

We are pleased to say it is our ambition to reopen all our Club campsites in Wales for stays <Broken link removed>, subject to the government guidance and rules. However, this means any bookings between now and <Broken link removed>inclusive will need to be amended or cancelled.
Unfortunately these updates mean your booking(s) with us are affected.

You can amend or cancel your booking free of charge:

Via our website

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
yep just had the same. dont know yet how that is going to affect travelling to site from outside Wales. I am sure that mr Drakeford will tell us in due course.

effectively it opens welsh sites for Easter

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I am really fed up and can’t wait to go away.

I still hope they restrict travel till the 12th in England.

It’s really important to get the levels low enough so that travelling around doesn’t cause a rise. Would rather be restricted longer than risk another lockdown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
yep just had the same. dont know yet how that is going to affect travelling to site from outside Wales. I am sure that mr Drakeford will tell us in due course.

effectively it opens welsh sites for Easter
I am tempted to cross over the border as we are only 12 miles away but I am going to be sensible and stay home until the 12th 👍🏻

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I am tempted to cross over the border as we are only 12 miles away but I am going to be sensible and stay home until the 12th 👍🏻

it may be that the club sites will ask for proof of home address. this happened back end of last year and i know of some who were turned away at book in and asked to leave some private sites even after they had booked in when they had travelled from a restricted area.

but who knows.

the sun is on the Horizon so a week or so either way is no worries. we tend to avoid sites on bank holidays / school holidays anyway with all the possible crowds..... the 12th is first day back at school after Easter break or first day for some.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
The club have all your details on the system so can see where you live and as no campsites are opening before then will know you have not been away. Can’t see Mr Drakford allowing everyone to come into wales, goes against what he is trying to do. I have said it before and will say it again. We should all be doing the same on the same date. We are the United Kingdom. (y)

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Any England residents cannot take the position of popping over the border after 29th March as it clearly states " No nights away from home address' Not to sure how that effects us full timers?

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I had lots of sites booked for a trip to Scotland 20th April to end of May. But Nicolas speech I would change to England. Now wishing I had waited 🤦‍♀️

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Doesn’t really matter to us we tend not to go anywhere during school holidays. Neither of the ministers could possibly be seen to be the same as England.

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
What makes the Caravan Club think Scotland might open sites from the 5th of April? I thought it was quite clear it was from the 26th April, have I missed something?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
What makes the Caravan Club think Scotland might open sites from the 5th of April? I thought it was quite clear it was from the 26th April, have I missed something?
cmc have said that they may have to cancel booking 5th April - 25th but not to cancel as yet.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I think they must be mistaken with Scotland. Even from 26th April only certain areas of Scotland will be free to travel ... I’d not be betting on travel before the summer

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
yes get that, I’m wondering why they think it’s unclear? Got my hopes up for a while!
It's predicated on the timeline announced by FM a couple of days ago. Whilst there were no specific dates announced the timeline is -
  • 22 Feb - partial school reopening
  • next possible phase - + a minimum of 3 weeks (15 Mar)
  • next possible phase - + a minimum of 3 weeks (5 Apr)
  • next possible phase - + a minimum of 3 weeks (26 Apr) - this would be a return to variable tiered level approach and could include social \ travel activity

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Drakeford stated last week that his intention was to allow Welsh families to have a well deserved break so I would assume that he will attempt to keep the England Wales border closed, plus the English rules will restrict travel into Wales

Everyone may think that this is unfair on English residents. However, remember that Mark Dickford kept Wales locked up and restricted the human rights of Welsh residents until early July last year. This time it looks like that he could for once try and allow the Welsh population enjoy their own country before it opens to everyone.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
We have (longstanding) bookings on the site CAMC sites in Scotland on 7-16 April and 16-20 April. I got the email from the CAMC headed "IMPORTANT - Please Amend or Cancel Your Booking(s)" - but then in the text it said if you had bookings in Scotland between 12 & 26 April you should NOT do anything yet! I've emailed them to try to clarify, but my working assumption is that because Scotland are not yet confirming what happens at the various phases, they're saying to hang on until things are clearer. We're certainly not expecting to be able to get to those bookings though!

It's more alarming, in my view, albeit quite understandable, the way the press, BBC etc are all treating 26 April as if it was a firm date. Yet more unclear messaging from Johnson & co, who should have known how it would be taken.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Drakeford stated last week that his intention was to allow Welsh families to have a well deserved break so I would assume that he will attempt to keep the England Wales border closed, plus the English rules will restrict travel into Wales

Everyone may think that this is unfair on English residents. However, remember that Mark Dickford kept Wales locked up and restricted the human rights of Welsh residents until early July last year. This time it looks like that he could for once try and allow the Welsh population enjoy their own country before it opens to everyone.
and quite rightly so. I am very pleased for the Welsh funsters. Hope to see some pictures of people getting out there from the 28th onwards 👍🏻

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Sue booked as local site for April so we can at least get out of the house.. Bron y Wendon which is only around 40 minutes away so hardly a tiring drive but it's got a sea view ::bigsmile:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
My understanding of the FM announcement, is that if infection levels continue to fall, then the (earliest) date any campsite can open in Scotland is 26th April. She's made it very clear that if infection rates start to rise, then the dates could be moved back.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We had an April booking in Dumfries and Galloway but the site owner phoned today to say it would have to be cancelled. They can open but the Scottish level 3 they will go into prohibits non essential travel from out of area.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We booked Brecon with CAMC for Tuesday after Easter. As far as I can read, as we are from England we are not allowed to go until 12th when UK government release their stay overnight restriction. This was my interpretation of the Welsh FM's statement last week. CAMC have accepted the booking so, I am really unsure. Any observations greatly appreciated. 👍

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
We booked Brecon with CAMC for Tuesday after Easter. As far as I can read, as we are from England we are not allowed to go until 12th when UK government release their stay overnight restriction. This was my interpretation of the Welsh FM's statement last week. CAMC have accepted the booking so, I am really unsure. Any observations greatly appreciated. 👍
I hope you get there and have a great time. I’m sure the idiot Drakeford who runs my country will come out with something else before then but let’s see what happens . You are welcome to Wales, it is a fantastic country and I hope it will be open to everyone to appreciate. You should be free to come now, let’s get rid of these stupid rules and return to freedom, and stop these fanatics like Drakeford,Johnson, sturgeon, politicalising our human rights

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I hope you get there and have a great time. I’m sure the idiot Drakeford who runs my country will come out with something else before then but let’s see what happens . You are welcome to Wales, it is a fantastic country and I hope it will be open to everyone to appreciate. You should be free to come now, let’s get rid of these stupid rules and return to freedom, and stop these fanatics like Drakeford,Johnson, sturgeon, politicalising our human rights
Thank you for your post and best wishes. We love coming to Wales. I have just been presented with our first grandchild who is officially Welsh! I agree with your statement on the politics of all of this. Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England are all fantastic countries, all with their unique characteristics and characters. We love visiting all the countries. I also appreciate the reasoning behind each individual country having the significant say in how they are run at grass roots. The annoying thing about this situation is that we are fighting a WW3 here against a common enemy, CV-19. Regardless of what the rules are, they should be made in unison.
In this instance, we are not coming to Wales on holiday. My daughter had a really tough time with the birth, she is up here being looked after by us as her hubby is out working. We want to be close by to help out if needs be as she wants to be back in her home.
However, compared to loss and agonies other people have gone through, our troubles are minimal.
Stay safe and well all, and safe travels when we do get out. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back