CAMC affiliated sites lockdown confusion ? (1 Viewer)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Update on CAMC site tonight . I thought it was fairly simple that if a campsite was in a tier 2 area and we were in a tier 2 also ,we could travel . It appears I was wrong as some of the campsites in tier 2 areas are “ waiting for government guidance as to when they can reopen” ? What am I missing here ?
Also I didn’t know the few Welsh CAMC club sites that are reopening can only be visited by residents of Wales .

Attachments

• D7E3CDA0-2A98-461E-8DF2-9A666D06B362.png
    D7E3CDA0-2A98-461E-8DF2-9A666D06B362.png
    213 KB · Views: 20
  • 199D2507-1D41-4945-AE91-E35F25AD79FA.png
    199D2507-1D41-4945-AE91-E35F25AD79FA.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 22
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Also I didn’t know the few Welsh CAMC club sites that are reopening can only be visited by residents of Wales .
The Welsh sites have been open for a couple of weeks already, since the end of the Welsh 'firebreak' lockdown.
Currently travel into Wales is not allowed, hence you cannot book a Welsh site from England
Screenshot_20201126-221510.png

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Even more confusing is if you are in a tier 2 area you can go to a tier 1 area and stay.

• you can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
  • if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey
  • for international travel see the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office travel advice for your destination and the travel corridors list

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Even more confusing is if you are in a tier 2 area you can go to a tier 1 area and stay.

• you can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
  • if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey
  • for international travel see the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office travel advice for your destination and the travel corridors list
So if I read that correctly I can go to Cornwall ? This really is so confusing ☹️

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
So if I read that correctly I can go to Cornwall ? This really is so confusing ☹
Yes you can from a tier two but must act like you are in a tier two. Confused you will be. :unsure:
I also don’t understand how I can go down the gym and mix with lots of sweating peaple, go to a concert with 3999 others, or go down the pub with family but I can’t go and see my dad in his house for a cup of tea. So I think I will take my dad to the gym, work up a sweat, take him to the pub afterwards for a beer and a substantial meal then on to a concert, a kebab on the way home from the takeaway.:drinks:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
You can't travel from Scotland to England or vice versa either.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
email from C&MC yesterday.

Following the latest UK Government announcement regarding the end of the lockdown and a return to a regional tier structure in England, we are very pleased to advise that the majority of our Club campsites in England which would normally be open at this time of year will be reopening for stays from Wednesday 2 December. All stays which were set to arrive on 2 December were cancelled at the start of lockdown, in accordance with Government instructions at that time. This has now been revised to allow arrivals from the 2nd.

We know many of you were disappointed to be unable to enjoy your planned stays during November and hope this latest news will be very much welcomed.

Club campsites open
Visit our information page here and view ‘Club campsites open’ for the full list.

Very High Risk Tier 3
Unfortunately, we do have a number of campsites that are located in regions which are designated as Very High Risk Tier 3 from 2 December. Under the latest guidance, these sites will remain closed and no new bookings can be taken from members who reside inside or outside the region until it is no longer designated as Tier 3.
Visit our information page and view ‘Club campsites temporarily closed’ for the full list.
These new restrictions in England will initially be in place for two weeks, so if you are due to stay at these campsites between Wednesday 2 and Wednesday 16 December, we would very much appreciate your help and support in amending or cancelling your booking(s) online through our website or App. Please check our website for the latest campsite information to find alternative open campsites.

Affiliated Sites and Certificated Locations
Many of our Affiliated Sites and Certificated Locations will also be reopening. Members should contact our Affiliated Sites and Certificated Locations directly to check if they are open.

Seasonal and Storage
Seasonal and storage pitch holders who are affected by campsites going into Tier 3 restrictions will be contacted separately.

Latest information
We will be keeping a close eye on the Government’s regional tier updates over the coming weeks and updating our website regularly, so please check here for the latest information and advice.
At this time, there are no further changes to the restrictions in place for campsites in Scotland and Northern Ireland, but we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you that due to the Welsh national restrictions, currently only members who reside in Wales are able to stay at our Club campsites in Wales.

Book with confidence
Don’t forget, with the Club you can book a year in advance with zero deposit, and we offer free amendments and cancellations if your plans need to change. Plan ahead with the reassurance that when staying on one of our Club campsites you’re in safe hands with our COVID secure commitment.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support, patience, and trust in our Club.

We are so delighted that many members will be able to enjoy touring once again, and look forward to welcoming you back on our reopened campsites over the winter months. Please regularly check www.camc.com for updates.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
email from C&MC yesterday.

Following the latest UK Government announcement regarding the end of the lockdown and a return to a regional tier structure in England, we are very pleased to advise that the majority of our Club campsites in England which would normally be open at this time of year will be reopening for stays from Wednesday 2 December. All stays which were set to arrive on 2 December were cancelled at the start of lockdown, in accordance with Government instructions at that time. This has now been revised to allow arrivals from the 2nd.

We know many of you were disappointed to be unable to enjoy your planned stays during November and hope this latest news will be very much welcomed.

Club campsites open
Visit our information page here and view ‘Club campsites open’ for the full list.

Very High Risk Tier 3
Unfortunately, we do have a number of campsites that are located in regions which are designated as Very High Risk Tier 3 from 2 December. Under the latest guidance, these sites will remain closed and no new bookings can be taken from members who reside inside or outside the region until it is no longer designated as Tier 3.
Visit our information page and view ‘Club campsites temporarily closed’ for the full list.
These new restrictions in England will initially be in place for two weeks, so if you are due to stay at these campsites between Wednesday 2 and Wednesday 16 December, we would very much appreciate your help and support in amending or cancelling your booking(s) online through our website or App. Please check our website for the latest campsite information to find alternative open campsites.

Affiliated Sites and Certificated Locations
Many of our Affiliated Sites and Certificated Locations will also be reopening. Members should contact our Affiliated Sites and Certificated Locations directly to check if they are open.

Seasonal and Storage
Seasonal and storage pitch holders who are affected by campsites going into Tier 3 restrictions will be contacted separately.

Latest information
We will be keeping a close eye on the Government’s regional tier updates over the coming weeks and updating our website regularly, so please check here for the latest information and advice.
At this time, there are no further changes to the restrictions in place for campsites in Scotland and Northern Ireland, but we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you that due to the Welsh national restrictions, currently only members who reside in Wales are able to stay at our Club campsites in Wales.

Book with confidence
Don’t forget, with the Club you can book a year in advance with zero deposit, and we offer free amendments and cancellations if your plans need to change. Plan ahead with the reassurance that when staying on one of our Club campsites you’re in safe hands with our COVID secure commitment.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support, patience, and trust in our Club.

We are so delighted that many members will be able to enjoy touring once again, and look forward to welcoming you back on our reopened campsites over the winter months. Please regularly check www.camc.com for updates.

I’ve just spoken with 3 of the affiliated sites who are all reopening next week as I thought they would be . The confusion is the CAMC website suggesting that those affiliated sites are waiting for further advice before they can reopen and being listed as temporarily closed . It’s almost like CAMC are trying to make sure they get all the bookings in their club sites and not the affiliated ones .
I have just phoned the CAMC club who couldn’t tell me why the website suggests the affiliated sites will remain closed .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back