Cambrai / Arras (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Airescampingcars has one centre arras long/lat. e2 47'16/n50'17'40 rue des rosati.
Don't know anything else hth:winky:

Park4night got the same one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gizmouk
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Many thanks guys

Seems there are several camp sites around that area, but only open April - October.
We're taking our dad to see his Grandads final resting place at Cambrai, so whilst I don't mind pitching up pretty much anywhere, I think it's best to wait till France opens again ::bigsmile:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We stayed in the area last spring. There was a good municipal in Cambrai, a steady walk to the town and convenient for shops, but I don't know when its open. We didn't particularly like the town and wouldn't hurry back.
We liked Arras much more, there seemed to be a greater sense of history in the town. However the aire we found was a busy car-park and we decided not to stay in the end. Sod's Law in action. :Doh:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We stayed in Arras Aire last November. As Brynric says the aire is very much like a car park and not to attractive. Arras is nice tho' and plenty of WW1 history in Arras and around.

The Carriere Wellington museum is worth a look and also see the Vimy Ridge memorial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arras

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back