Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Hi all I have a double rear careers and one of my rear lens has given up so I’ve ordered a new one my question is how do I connect it do I need to open the lens to wire it in
964942FB-8C27-4087-B2A1-F89CACFBB2C9.png

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning

The lens comes with the Video cable attached to connect directly on to the existing wiring you have.
Ours we purchased from the link above and it was a direct swap with no fiddling involved at all
You should be fine!

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Hi Kev thanks for reply my only concern looking at it .Im wondering how they got the video lead through the bottom of that box in picture above ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The gland nuts (arrowed) contain a rubber seal which compresses onto the cable going through it as the gland nut is tightened.
If you undo the gland nuts completely then this will release the old camera cables (may be stuck and need a little help) and this will allow you to slide the box front up and down the cables to get access inside where hopefully the connections have been made.
The gland rubbers can be popped out of the gland nuts and eased off over the old camera connector/plug. If the connector is too big to get the rubber over, then just split it with a blade and then super glue it back together once you have fitted it over the new camera cable.
The hole in the gland nut itself without the gland rubber in it should be big enough to get the camera plug through.

1586414276804.png

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Kev thanks for reply my only concern looking at it .Im wondering how they got the video lead through the bottom of that box in picture above ?
Hi Again...YEs as Paul and Yvette have mentioned. Just follow their instructions and with a little bit of push and shove...it will come free and allow the new one to be fitted in reverse order.
Kev

(y)

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Oh great thanks all I’m enjoying getting my van done while we are on lockdown I also noticed yesterday on the link above reversing cameras uk they have a 7inch camera mirror monitor on sale £98 down to £24

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I also noticed yesterday on the link above reversing cameras uk they have a 7inch camera mirror monitor on sale £98 down to £24

I have just had a look at that monitor and the screen resolution is very low, so it may well be a step back rather than a step forward depending on the screen resolution of your existing monitor.
The one on clearance at £30 has a screen resolution 480 x 234 pixels where the norm at present is 800 x 480 pixels as is mine.
Could not see one for £24, so maybe I have been looking at the wrong one.

Edit : Just found the £24 one and it too has the same low resolution.

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Hi Guys
Just going through the motions of fitting rear view/ reversing cameras and have a couple of questions please.
Are the rear view Mirror screens sun light viewable as I notice that they are listed as either 300 or 500 cd which isn't overly bright for a screen. Does anyone have issues with these screens please? And for 'Two on Tour', is the recorder fit and forget as in overwrites itself etc ?

And as we've not purchased as yet has anyone any suggestions of good quality equipment at reasonable prices for both cameras and screens?

thanks in anticipation

Ian p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back