Calp(e) closing in on FLT? - it had to happen eventually. (1 Viewer)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
This link should be in English and I understand the outcome of the council meeting was to approve the amendments suggested after a 30 day public consultation. http://noticies.calp.es/en/node/18294

I know lots of people have parked on the roads and wasteland in and around Calpe who may be affected by this regulation if it gets final approval. Be interesting to see if the council make any public areas available for overnight "parking" in addition to the new aires which have recently opened in Calpe.

I expect the surrounding towns will be watching the outcome of this with much interest.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
This link should be in English and I understand the outcome of the council meeting was to approve the amendments suggested after a 30 day public consultation. http://noticies.calp.es/en/node/18294

I know lots of people have parked on the roads and wasteland in and around Calpe who may be affected by this regulation if it gets final approval. Be interesting to see if the council make any public areas available for overnight "parking" in addition to the new aires which have recently opened in Calpe.

I expect the surrounding towns will be watching the outcome of this with much interest.
Looks all Dutch to me,,BUSBY.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
motorhomes-camping-calpe.jpg

CALPE is the latest in a growing number of municipalities that are seeking to control caravans and motorhomes that park up and camp in the area.

At a council meeting held last Friday the aim was to modify the by-law to regulate where and between what hours such vehicles can use the public roads, a problem for many local residents that has been a major concern for some time.

While accepting this form of ‘mobile’ tourism is increasing across Europe, the proposal will allow the parking of motorhomes or similar vehicles on public roads – or adjacent spaces – between 9am and 9pm in the summer, and from 9am to 8pm throughout the rest of the year. This means that they will now only be able to stay overnight in the official sites and nowhere else.

Story here

https://www.rtnnewspaper.com/2018/05/council-to-tighten-up-motorhome-camping-laws-in-costa-blanca/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It's all gone quiet, ;) head in the sand springs to mind. :D
For a long while now, on my morning dog walk, I've told people parked near scallops Javea about emptying waste down storm water drains, sitting out on chairs running generators, that they will spoil it for others. :eek:
And get moved On.

There are local groups on Facebook and 50% of people living there have the view motorhomes are spending money and keep things Open in winter, ;) but that might be the one's that don't have them parked outside their home. :rolleyes:
The other 50% don't want them, and take photos of what they get up to.:)
I was walking past one morning, a Dutchman was emptying his cassette, when I told him he said it's grey water he has never used it for anything else, I said it doesn't look like that !
The problem is they are going anyway, and all the others are not far behind him. :(
And the worst thing is, ;) by the time we head off, everyone is p***** off with motorhomes and we struggle to park anywhere. :LOL: Bob.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
My SIL has been visiting from Moraira and police have been moving people on from large area of common ground. The main concern is the Black waste disposal.

Nov 5, 2017
Nouvelle Aquitaine France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1980
Why don't people use the Aires that are provided by the town's there is a free Aire at Benissa we use all the time when staying at Javea and calpe gives the van a run and not harming anyone also shop at lydl and Iceland cheap derv. and a restaurant 9€. happy days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back