CALORLITE CYLINDER RECALL (Again). Have Caravanners snaffled the whole stock? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks to GJH's post regarding the 6Kg CalorLite safety recall, after a busy weekend, I pulled out both of my MoHo cylinders to check. After all, I didn't want to be gassed! :D:D

One is a 2013 and the other is a 2008 and hence, comes within the purview of the recall and needs exchanging. Fortunately, it's almost MT so I get a full'un for free! Lost count of the money I've saved with just a tenner subs to MHF!

Phoned Calor who gave me addresses/numbers of local stockists who would be happy to do the swap. An hour later, I was still phoning around...... Same story from each of them - out of stock because of the recall :mad: One place had a stock of 10 at the weekend, all gone now.

So who's snaffled them all EH? Surely news doesn't travel that fast? The stockists thought that it was Caravanners who mainly use them (or is it you lot up North?) :D

For those of you who have these cylinders, get phoning NOW!

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
try go-outdoors at lakeside they changed mine 2 hours ago
hope that helps
Bill

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Bill,
I had them in mind but thought they would be out of them.
Will give them a whirl

Cheers
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
mine was sitting in garage at home (empty) now have full 6kg as back up for when i forget to fill the refillable gaslow

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I don't think there is any rush. Yes, the need to be exchanged, but Calor have said, there have been no customer incidents. I shall wait a couple of weeks or so for the rush to die down.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It does state that they will not be really up to speed till the 24th September (y)

"Please note that our network are currently being briefed and should be in a position to start handling returns from Wednesday 24th September"

Chris & Vickie

Free Member
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie 1 year
May aswell wait till its empty and get a freebie refill! Make the most of it, the MoHo way of life is about being chilled out, not rushing!

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
i've one empty and one 3/4 full, so i'll try and use the rest of the gas this weekend at lincoln.
Then go for my free ones.(y)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Domestic Management managed to exchange ours yesterday at a Calor centre in Mortimer (Reading), they were already geared up for the recall. Bloody typical of my luck though, the previous weekend I purchased a refill from Webbs. Called Webbs on Sunday and they had apparently not heard of this Calor lite recall...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back