Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
When the Calor place in Ayr is open, they never have small cylinders, thats a real pest for us as our van only has room for 6kg cylinders.
We've found a reliable Calor supplier & for the first time ever, I've refused to share the info of our supplier with friends. It was so difficult to get gas that every time we were away last year we didn't cook to avoid using the little drop of gas that we did have.
Even before the pandemic the Calor outlet in Ayr had motorhomes & caravans arriving for gas on a saturday's only to find that they were closed, this is despite their website claiming that they are open on saturday mornings.

Medicalteam1

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Last weekend we had 4 night at Mablethorpe Lincs. A great site and good dog friendly beach so far so good untill we wanted a replacement full for empty calor gas cylinder we tried calor agents from Skegness to Grimsby and all places east and west to no avail. We were told that calor had very few empty 6 kg cylinders to fill and were not expected to have any new ones made for some time.
no doubt calor will soon say they can’t make money and close down blaming COVID instead of their lack of monitoring sales and seeing a chance to support the customer.
I run a car on gas and have noticed that a lot of garages across the country are no longer have gas pumps so I prefer to have the cylinders rather than a under slung tank

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
When the Calor place in Ayr is open, they never have small cylinders, thats a real pest for us as our van only has room for 6kg cylinders.
We've found a reliable Calor supplier & for the first time ever, I've refused to share the info of our supplier with friends. It was so difficult to get gas that every time we were away last year we didn't cook to avoid using the little drop of gas that we did have.
Even before the pandemic the Calor outlet in Ayr had motorhomes & caravans arriving for gas on a saturday's only to find that they were closed, this is despite their website claiming that they are open on saturday

Even before the pandemic the Calor outlet in Ayr had motorhomes & caravans arriving for gas on a saturday's only to find that they were closed, this is despite their website claiming that they are open on saturday mornings.
is it just me who has found the staff at any calor depot the most unhelpful people its like customer are an inconvenience coming in with their bottles ruining our day

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
I am going away for the first time since the Shrewsbury New Year Meet at the end of 2019 and I cannot get any 6kg propane cylinders anywhere round here in South Staffordshire. However, the dog agility Show I am attending have got some so I have one on order. But they can only exchange.

Feb 16, 2021
Salcombe Regis
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600SL
Exp
Delivered April 2021 😃. Still new, still learning. Only a couple of mishaps so far....
I am a calor stockist and I can’t get the stock. Ordered 6 x 6kg last week and they delivered none. Got my 47kg but no 6’s.

The line is that due to the pandemic and everyone staying at home that people have been buying more for bbq’s, patio heaters etc coupled with the increase of sales in motorhomes and caravans. Apparently they have loads of 7kg butane but no propane! Same bottle, different colour and valve.

Why calor could not see this coming beats me. Why don’t they haul a load of empty 7kg’s to a factory and refurbish into 6’s seems to be a reasonable suggestion.

I will probably get shot down for this but too many businesses are now giving shocking customer service on the back of blaming Covid-19. When the likes of calor go bust they will blame everyone else and put out their hand for a government bailout saying it is not their fault!

In reality they should sack the fat cats who clearly have their heads firmly in the sand, employ someone with some balls and invest in their product. Rant over 🤨

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I contacted one of my local Calor outlets yesterday and they can't get hold of any 6Kg propane cylinders either. I have an empty Flogas 11Kg patio propane tank and will see if I could exchange for one of their screw in propane tanks. The physical size will fit in my gas locker adjacent to a full 6Kg Calor tank.

Medicalteam1

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I am a calor stockist and I can’t get the stock. Ordered 6 x 6kg last week and they delivered none. Got my 47kg but no 6’s.

The line is that due to the pandemic and everyone staying at home that people have been buying more for bbq’s, patio heaters etc coupled with the increase of sales in motorhomes and caravans. Apparently they have loads of 7kg butane but no propane! Same bottle, different colour and valve.

Why calor could not see this coming beats me. Why don’t they haul a load of empty 7kg’s to a factory and refurbish into 6’s seems to be a reasonable suggestion.

I will probably get shot down for this but too many businesses are now giving shocking customer service on the back of blaming Covid-19. When the likes of calor go bust they will blame everyone else and put out their hand for a government bailout saying it is not their fault!

In reality they should sack the fat cats who clearly have their heads firmly in the sand, employ someone with some balls and invest in their product. Rant over 🤨

Medicalteam1

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I totally agree with the comments made by you Salcombe Regis last week trying to get a refill I heard similar words for others who had supply calor gas. COVID is and was the worse thing to happen for decades and many people suffered in many ways., but it is now being used to disguise poor management, customer service already at rock bottom before the pandemic in this country. There will always be the exception but businesses need to wake up cut out the dead wood and provide the service they claim too .

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If one doesn’t like a service or product don’t buy it , or start a service up how one thinks it should be done, or carry on moaning.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There seems to be plenty of calor gas bottles around our way.we don't use them but seen lots available.
Filled up with lpg on the way down to the b and b meet ,jet garage near sleaford. 69.9 a litre,a bit dear but no issues filling the gaslow with filler inside the locker. (y)

YargKcin

Free Member
Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I filled my new Safefill bottles at Flogas last week and the fella there said there is a shortage of 6kg propane for them and for Calor.... they've put it down to Lockdown 1 bbq purchases.....not expecting them back in circulation until 22/23........ Anyone needing a Calor 6kg empty and or a full 6kg.... I have one of each .....message me (I am Huntingdon nr Cambridge)
I would be interested in both

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back