CALOR GAS SHORTAGE - I have 2 bottles but can't seem to return easily to Calor (1 Viewer)

Clattergate

Free Member
Dec 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Vw California
Exp
20 years
Hi
I have 2 6kg Red Calor gas bottles I don't need anymore (one is full) Any ideas as to how to sell on / return... I can't find my gas contract, its not lost I just don't know where it is !
Theres apparently a shortage of the due to a lack of steel etc
David (Leeds)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
eBay or local rag to sell on, if you’re giving away I bet most caravan places would take them. Rebate from calor don’t hold your breath

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Hi
I have 2 6kg Red Calor gas bottles I don't need anymore (one is full) Any ideas as to how to sell on / return... I can't find my gas contract, its not lost I just don't know where it is !
David (Leeds)
Happen to walking past my local hardware store in Mere Green, Sutton Coldfield, spotted some Flogas bottles, enquired and they had a few 11KG full bottles so did a swap for £31.65 so now have two full 11kg onboard. Lucky to get them.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi
David (Leeds)
Can you take them to a calor dealer
probably no Money back though

i got rid of mine asked a new caravaner if he wanted them
he Was at me doorstep before I got 🏡 home
(y) (y) :sun:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I would never return bottles to Calor, their terms for returning them are ridiculous, can't remember the exact details on the contract but after a few years you get nothing.
In the past I have passed them on with a van sale or if not needed given them away.
It seems there is a good market for them now albeit technically illegal.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
It would seem there is just a shortage of 6 kg bottles,there are plenty of larger propane and butane available.I asked at a local boatyard ,delivery tomorrow but regards 6 kg ,will accept what is delivered.no 6 kg available today.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
I'm away just now.....but back home next Tuesday 29th..... I've an empty 6kg and a Full 6kg Propane up for grabs....if anyone is interested..... I'm Huntingdon near Cambridge

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi
David (Leeds)
I had a similar problem earlier this year trying to get rid of 3 13kg propane cylinders. Couldn’t give them away for long enough. Eventually a neighbour took them. I asked every motorhomer and caravaner I knew or saw in the village.
There is supposed to be a shortage of gas cylinders. Not round here there isn’t.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
About 2 years ago they were paying 7.50 a cylinder returned without any paper work just to get bottles back seems it wasn't a success going by this years shortage.
The depot I took mine to were far from enthusiastic about paying out but then I've never found a calor depot that show much enthusiasm about anything except tea dinner and going home

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Hi
David (Leeds)
I sold three on ebay when I sold my caravan earlier in the month.

I didn't want to be greedy, so asked £25 for the empties and £40 for a half-full. They sold within hours. The buyers came 20-40 miles to collect and were very happy. I'm told it is relatively easy to find a refill, the problem is finding an empty to trade in.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Local Calor Gas main depot in Liverpool area has closed down and I understand from other threads that it's not the only one.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Our local Calor depo will normally let me swap any bottle for any other, but today no chance like for like only, it's a pity as I have an empty blue and I'm looking for a 6kg red, I use red and I have one almost empty but I'm too mean to take it back with gas still in it. I hope they have stock when the bottle has run out.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
A few guys at work have offered me gas bottles recently.
I will be taking them and use the gas then decide what to do with them.
Might build some more bottle bbqs and sell them for more than I could get for the bottles as they are

Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Anyone know if they will exchange Ali 6kg for an Ali 6kg now. ?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If they have them available but the ally ones are like hen's teeth at the mo

Feb 24, 2022
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T620G
Exp
Actually start, 01/03/22
Just to say, Southampton main Calor Gas depot do not have any 6kg bottles, and do not know when any will be available. went to local garage and got 2x13kg for my Motorhome as just returned from my first ever trip away with MH. (Salisbury, Hudson's Field) .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back