Calor gas bottle rental refunds. (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
My son has a chimenea made out of a 13kg gas bottle by a guy in Somerset (I vaguely recall). It came covered with heat-resistant black paint, a hinged door with glass window, 1m high legs (x3) and a 1.5m chimney on top. From memory (again) it cost £30 inc delivery to Norfolk.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
There are already cylinder recovery companies about, we get a visit from them monthly.
Folk dump non Calor cylinders at our place overnight sometimes, we can do nothing with them but HAVE to get rid of them, I believe they sort and return them and get about a fiver each.

Any funsters requiring a Calor cylinder, FULL, but have no empty, just come and see me if your about South Bradford. NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED.
ONE per funster only!

megsdad

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
auto cruise
Exp
1 month
I agree with the previous speaker

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I looked at the Safefill bottle info sheet. Seems it's a "fill at the bottle" type which I gather is frowned upon on forecourts (your experience obviously differs from this). It is also more expensive than Gas-it or Gaslow and about on par with an Alugas cylinder. I can appreciate the benefit of a transparent container though. I'm always wondering how much gas I've got left in my Calor bottles, especially abroad.
buy a cheap spring balance scale you hook it on lift up and take the weight .
the tare on the bottle is usually stamped around the bottle somewhere .

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back