Calor gas bottle rental refunds. (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We had twin 13kg Calor bottles (supposedly registered in our name) supplied as part of a new vehicle deal last Septemder. We now wish to fit a refillable system. Am I able to return these bottles to Calor for a partial refund of the "rental" - assuming I can extract the required paperwork from the dealer?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Wow good question. I didnt know they still did that. I've never paid for Calor or Flogas bottles so thought they had stopped it.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I've just been on Calor's website and it seems I can get back 70% for up to a year from purchase. It will probably only amount to about ÂŁ60 but every little helps. I won't be using the bottles again as I have a 6kg Calorlite to use a second (backup) if necessary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Am I able to return these bottles to Calor for a partial refund of the "rental" - assuming I can extract the required paperwork from the dealer?
Yes. It's a sliding scale depending on how long you have had them. But you will need that paperwork!

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Wow good question. I didnt know they still did that. I've never paid for Calor or Flogas bottles so thought they had stopped it.
Same here never paid a deposit for bottle, always curious when I see people selling empty bottles!?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'm pretty sure you have to have the original receipt for them.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I've been looking at the Gas-it system. Is there any advantage going for the Gas-it Plus which is R67 standard?

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
As a Calor agent I can assure you the Cylinder Rental Agreement form you will need to be in YOUR name
to obtain a partial refund. Sorry

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I'm pretty sure you have to have the original receipt for them.
good luck with the refund (y)

don't forget to take both your grand parents, everything in triplicate and an original copy of the south sea scroll, oh, and your original receipt;) in YOUR name:whistle:

Oh how I love calor.............not:rolleyes:
nothing gives me greater pleasure than refilling from a pump, knowing I am avoiding the calor gas company(y)

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Just back from Johns Cross who refunded us for 2 x 6kg propane bottles we purchased from them back in 2008/9. They looked a bit puzzled at first as they have never done a refund for returned bottles but agreed that as a Calor agent they would honour the paperwork, typical no hassle service from JC as usual.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
When I enquired about getting a Calor bottle, as I couldn't get my Flogas exchanged, I was informed that not only would I need the original paperwork in my name, but I had to take it back to the dealer who would supply it. Given that I was 200miles from home, I decided to give it a miss and cope with cold water & salad - Gordon

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Well, I'm trying to get the receipt from the dealer who's offer included 2 gas bottles in my name. I have a feeling that they just exchanged a couple they had at the back of the warehouse, but they did state it in writing. In the grand scheme of things if I can't get a partial refund no great loss. If I have to take them back to the supplying outlet, then we shall be going down there for the habitation check at the end of August.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My "Calor contract" goes back to 1968!!. And there is NO WAY I will have the "paperwork" still. Sooo. I have 2x13kg,(no only 1 now I gave one to a Pal a few years back) 2x7.5kg, Calor. 2 Flo-Gas 11kg, a 19kg and 7kg Argas, a 12kg Orange Repsol Spanish. (The Sepsa went back to Spain with my Mate last year!) Oh! and a Sivert .5kg used on my Brazing torch!. I also think I have a 12kg Calor butane somewhere?, from when we had the Heater.

BTW, if anyone wants a 40kg propane? try the field where the Itinerant`s last where, there is usually at least 2 or 3 (empty) kicking about!. It is alleged they steal them from houses not on the gas mains?

Pete

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
BTW, if anyone wants a 40kg propane? try the field where the Itinerant`s last where, there is usually at least 2 or 3 (empty) kicking about!. It is alleged they steal them from houses not on the gas mains?
But usually they are some spurious make nobody has heard of.....or Flogas.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I've been looking at the Gas-it system. Is there any advantage going for the Gas-it Plus which is R67 standard?
As far as I know, the R67 bottles are not only the latest standard, but also have a level gauge that works! I got the green RV bottles from Alugas which are the same thing (I think).

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
But usually they are some spurious make nobody has heard of.....or Flogas.

Not so John, Large numbers are actually Calor. there was 4 abandoned on Lancaster road Carnaby IE Bridlington a couple of years ago after they evicted a load of "Travelling People".

Pete

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not so John, Large numbers are actually Calor. there was 4 abandoned on Lancaster road Carnaby IE Bridlington a couple of years ago after they evicted a load of "Travelling People".

Pete
Only ones I ever see on the A64/Knapton junction are unknown or flogas.

I wonder what selection there will be on the A165 Scarboro park & ride site when the Itinerants leave.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Only ones I ever see on the A64/Knapton junction are unknown or flogas

You know. it has occurred to me that there could be a business opportunity here?. If Calor (and the other LPG suppliers) could be persuaded that recovering all the "Missing" vessels would be advantageous in boosting the available supply and not needing to commission thousand`s of replacements annually. Whereas for a modest fee (A Bounty?) placed on all returns, the stock could be replenished? and those who recovered said missing stock would have a nice little earner?.

I commend this to the House!

Pete

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Only ones I ever see on the A64/Knapton junction are unknown or flogas.

I wonder what selection there will be on the A165 Scarboro park & ride site when the Itinerants leave.

Along with the TON`s of debris, trashed cars / vans. "household" waste, then environmental health will have to deal with the Rat`s and Health hazards BEFORE the tax paying public have access to the facility again!.

Reactions: f6c

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I go to the rubbish transfer station (dump) at Dover They have loads of bottles of calor and a load more. There was a gaslow one and the bloke refused to let me have it for a reasonable consideration 'because it was in with the scrap ones for recycling.'

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Along with the TON`s of debris, trashed cars / vans. "household" waste, then environmental health will have to deal with the Rat`s and Health hazards BEFORE the tax paying public have access to the facility again!.
Not too bad on that particular A64 illegal site.

A few black bags (stacked !) and piles of worthless scrap but vary little loose litter.
Gas bottles and broken camp chairs/tables etc
The odd pile of rubble and old tarmac.....and a few charcoal filled firepits surrounds by stones.
Never seen any cars but did once see a small caravan.....looked like a broken axle.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You know. it has occurred to me that there could be a business opportunity here?. If Calor (and the other LPG suppliers) could be persuaded that recovering all the "Missing" vessels would be advantageous in boosting the available supply and not needing to commission thousand`s of replacements annually. Whereas for a modest fee (A Bounty?) placed on all returns, the stock could be replenished? and those who recovered said missing stock would have a nice little earner?.

I commend this to the House!

Pete
Just one MAJOR flaw with that ... how long do you think it would be before motorhomes and caravans had their lockers broken into by the bounty hunters to obtain the bottles to get the 'reward' .... about 5 minutes I would think!!!!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When I worked for GMWaste Calor/Flogas etc used to call and pick up their respective bottles out of the recycling cages.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There was a gaslow one and the bloke refused to let me have it for a reasonable consideration 'because it was in with the scrap ones for recycling.'

That is also largely because, the law which we all know can be as ass, is skewed to the premise that to allow "ad hoc" recycling of that nature is classed as theft!.

And as a confirmed cynic the "operative" probably already had it`s eye on the thing as "e-bay fodder"!! and was just waiting the "quiet" opportunity.

Pete

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I looked at the Safefill bottle info sheet. Seems it's a "fill at the bottle" type which I gather is frowned upon on forecourts (your experience obviously differs from this). It is also more expensive than Gas-it or Gaslow and about on par with an Alugas cylinder. I can appreciate the benefit of a transparent container though. I'm always wondering how much gas I've got left in my Calor bottles, especially abroad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back