calling @puddleduck or anyone else who can help please (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am sure I have read that if both vehicles are touching when jump starting you can actually die from the shock :Eeek:

Maybe it was a fore runner to the gassing threats, but I am convinced I have read that somewhere :)

Don't mean to worry you Joy, but follow the instructions as above x

fraid that is nowt more than an urban myth David.. and a really weird one at that !!

About the only way someone might die of shock is being quoted £300 to swap a gas regulator over !! LOL !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
At the risk of flogging this to death, you can get a mild shock off 50v, I've had it from a telephone line in the old days. It was safe because the resistance of the human body is too high to allow such a low voltage to generate a lethal current.

Conversely, you can experience a shock of tens of thousands of volts and survive - but only when the source cannot supply enough current to do you any harm.
A mild tingling in contact with a phone line occurs when it's being used to ring a phone (80v ac) but as you say still not dangerous. And to answer another question I peed on an electric fence though not as a result of a dare .......... it was dark and I was bustin'. You know the feeling 'I've started so I'll finish'? It's really easy to stop when an electric fence is concerned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back