LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Graham (and anyone else wanting one) have you seen the small oil filled radiator in Lydl please for £17.99?

Is it suitable for my van when on hook up please?

You prob don't remember that I bought a brilliant one from Screwfix but for some reason it wouldn't work in my Burstner .. Neither Jaws nor myself could work out why not .. I don't want to get anything unsuitable again.

Thank you.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Do you mean Broken Link Removed in Aldi, Joy?

There's no reason why it shouldn't work, as it draws less than 4 amps, but I would have thought that your Screwfix one would work as well.
Thanks Graham .. that is the one .. but just seen the thread on leaking radiators .. it's made me a bit nervous.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham .. that is the one .. but just seen the thread on leaking radiators .. it's made me a bit nervous.
We used to use one in our Autoquest to keep the chill off in winter when it was parked on the drive but haven't bothered since 2010. We've also had a number of them in the house over the years. We never had any leaking problems but I have heard of others having problems in the past.

It isn't often we are an hook-up when we are away but we have taken a fan heater once or twice and had it on low. On the whole, though, we just rely on the gas system. It doesn't cost all that much and has the advantage of the blown air pipes warming all areas, including those where water pipes run.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
for some reason it wouldn't work in my Burstner

Hi joy... are you saying your heater from screw fix worked OK when plugged into any other source other than your van??
And was that one particular socket in van or any socket in your van ?
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi joy... are you saying your heater from screw fix worked OK when plugged into any other source other than your van??
And was that one particular socket in van or any socket in your van ?
Andy
Hi Andy .. it wouldn't work anywhere in my van but worked outside but everything else in my van in the sockets worked.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi Andy .. it wouldn't work anywhere in my van but worked outside but everything else in my van in the sockets worked.
thats really strange, were you on a dodgy hook up at the time, wonder whether its something to do with it been an appliance that draws a bit current that wasn't available , or some peculiarity about the plug that wasn't suited to the sockets in your van..
andy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back