Calling all Funsters In Zahora (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Time To Come HOME its sunny here now:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Don't take any notice - it's snowing here !!!! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Be there a while then:ROFLMAO:

Pat

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
No, not falling for that one, staying here until its at least 5 degrees warmer at home.::bigsmile:

Look forward to seeing you all then! :thumb:

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
the rain in Spain

:cry:Its piddling down here in Sax. Think the sun came out yesterday. Spain expecting better weather this weekend
:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's nice here at the moment, out working on my little caravan ready for sale.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
14.5c in south Wales and now slightly overcast.

Off to the docs in a minute:Blush:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
14.6 and rising in Zahora - sun is out and it's stopped raining! Yippeeee!!:thumb::thumb:

Weather forecast is great from Friday onwards!
:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Anyone who comes here in the winter for the weather needs their head examining :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have never seen storms like it.

The only reason to be here is for the scintillating company of my fellow campers! ::bigsmile: and for that reason I will suffer the deluges and weather the storms, come what may :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone who comes here in the winter for the weather needs their head examining :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have never seen storms like it.

The only reason to be here is for the scintillating company of my fellow campers! ::bigsmile: and for that reason I will suffer the deluges and weather the storms, come what may :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Risking ALL even if I was in Stretford yesterday.

Well someone with a logical mind has to ask "Why?"

We can't move the weather, campers are very mobile. So the big question is why not the better weather on the east coast ?

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Great down here at Hayling Island, Nearly tempted to wash the van, but a nice brandy and coffee on the patio won the day ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Risking ALL even if I was in Stretford yesterday.

Well someone with a logical mind has to ask "Why?"

We can't move the weather, campers are very mobile. So the big question is why not the better weather on the east coast ?

And what is wrong with Stretford??? I was born and bred there!! Man U country!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

There's nowt wrong with the weather here in Zahora Brian - we've had a week of rain but other than that it's been a great winter! :Smile:

OK so people haven't been able to sit on their loungers in the sun this past week but they have had plenty of that over the winter!:Smile: :Cool::Cool:

At least we haven't had the storms and floods that they have allegedly had in Marbella and Malaga! Algeciras had a twister that caused unbelievable damage! :Sad:

Valencia, Catalunia and Aragon are forecast to have cold wet weather for a bit longer!:Sad:

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Almeria is statistically the very best area of Spain for a winter stay.

While we were there, Sep 06 - Jan 07 , the weather was excellent.. swimming in the sea until mid Nov. Sunny days and very little rain through Dec and Jan .. cold in the early morning and late afternoon.. but still shorts and T shirt weather during the day.

We stayed at Roquetas camping, about 10 miles west of Almeria and motorhomers were arriving from SW Spain and the Algarve with tales of storms and cold weather.

We left there end of Jan to join a Morocco tour, as we went along the coast the weather got colder and wetter..

from the weather site in Marie's post.

http://www.thinkspain.com/channels/weather/index.asp?pobid=485

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
bought first motorhome 30 yrs ago
Hi we have been at La Manga in Murcia since January and the weather has been generally good the last week has been the worse up until Sunday and then the sun came out and so did the bbq's and its been sunny since and forecast to last until well into next week so all i can say is we have had a great time and we will be back next year dont think i could spend a winter in the UK now or probably afford to tc all ::bigsmile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Almeria is statistically the very best area of Spain for a winter stay.

While we were there, Sep 06 - Jan 07 , the weather was excellent.. swimming in the sea until mid Nov. Sunny days and very little rain through Dec and Jan .. cold in the early morning and late afternoon.. but still shorts and T shirt weather during the day.

We stayed at Roquetas camping, about 10 miles west of Almeria and motorhomers were arriving from SW Spain and the Algarve with tales of storms and cold weather.

We left there end of Jan to join a Morocco tour, as we went along the coast the weather got colder and wetter..

from the weather site in Marie's post.

http://www.thinkspain.com/channels/weather/index.asp?pobid=485

Jim
We all come to Spain for different reasons - some want to lie in the sun all day and aren't really interested in their surroundings - others want to be in an area more interesting to them.
Many people love Almeria but it doesn't appeal to us - we like the Costa de la Luz with it's wild Atlantic coast and natural coastline. It's very green around here - big clue that it gets a fair amount of rain! :Smile: but that greenery is what we like to live in!:Smile:
We get our fair share of sunshine and warmth here - it's certainly better than a UK winter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. This winter has been a huge improvement on the last two and we haven't had to many periods of lasting rain. Winter 07 / 08 was fabulous - hot all the way through!
Almeria certainly has more heat and sunshine - that's why they have the plastic tunnels growing our fruit and veg, but give me the wild seas and beautiful skies of the Costa de la Luz any day - I'll put up with the odd periods of bad weather :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And what is wrong with Stretford???

Wrong ?

I was there to worship the ground the one and only Dame Penelope trod on.

Well, that and collect a missing tax disk.

I retraced a past life and went down my old back street routes, I'm lucky to be alive. There were pot holes in Didsbury that would have swallowed the bike if I hadn't spotted them. The bright hot sunshine made them stand out.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim
We all come to Spain for different reasons - some want to lie in the sun all day and aren't really interested in their surroundings - others want to be in an area more interesting to them.

Absolutely.. it's horses for courses,

but for those who have never visited Spain and may be planning a winter break they need to be aware of how different the weather is along the south coast..

I have been along the length of the Spanish and Portuguese coasts and it is as varied as the UK .. some very beautiful .. some not.. as you pointed out, Almeria is a winter growing area with acres of poly tunnels .. but if my main reason for driving over 2,000 miles was find winter sun then it would definitely be Almeria .. despite the tomato growing.

Jim

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And what is wrong with Stretford??? I was born and bred there!! Man U country!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

"What is wrong with Stretford" "Man U country". I think that's the sort of statement my maths teacher used to end with QED ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back