Calling all 2020 Fiat Ducato owners. (1 Viewer)

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Any suggestions please from people with the above vehicle.Mine came with a 5" screen Tom tom car sat nav.It has a Fiat uconnect sat nav/radio.Unlike the 2019 version alot of the modes (auto lock,clock,trip etc.) Are set via the head unit and unlike the 2021 version the head unit cannot be upgraded to tom tom camper.So I have spoken to Fiat who advised me not to put a better head unit in as I will nolonger be able to access these modes and it may confuse the onboard computer and prompt it to throw up bogus fault notifications.However the whole world except me seem to be upgrading this vehicles head unit.I notice that 2020 Dephleffs come with the Pioneer Evo already fitted.So if you are still reading this thank you anybody with that vehicle and a posh head unit have you experienced any problems and how do you access the pre mentioned modes

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
Any suggestions please from people with the above vehicle.Mine came with a 5" screen Tom tom car sat nav.It has a Fiat uconnect sat nav/radio.Unlike the 2019 version alot of the modes (auto lock,clock,trip etc.) Are set via the head unit and unlike the 2021 version the head unit cannot be upgraded to tom tom camper.So I have spoken to Fiat who advised me not to put a better head unit in as I will nolonger be able to access these modes and it may confuse the onboard computer and prompt it to throw up bogus fault notifications.However the whole world except me seem to be upgrading this vehicles head unit.I notice that 2020 Dephleffs come with the Pioneer Evo already fitted.So if you are still reading this thank you anybody with that vehicle and a posh head unit have you experienced any problems and how do you access the pre mentioned modes

Dave, I've got a late 2019 Ducato and pondering the same issue. Did you get any further with your deliberations or any feedback from anyone else?
I assume that it is possible to change the configuration of the body computer to move the radio specific functions such as auto lock, date & time etc to the 'Mode' button where the manual implies they should reside. I haven't heard of anyone doing this so far or seen if it is possible with software such as Multiecuscan. I'm reluctant to buy a new head unit until these sorts of issues have been proven to be resolvable. The alternative may be to get Fiat to fit their new 7" head unit that is an option on new Ducatos. I assume this would be expensive, but haven't got to the point of getting a quote.

OP
OP
D

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello there.To be honest there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to this and as far as I can see most people seem happy to lose access to the modes.The Fiat upgrade to the 7" comes in at around £1500 which is crazy so I gave it up as a bad job and treated myself to a garmin 890 and for me I'm glad I did,a great bit of kit and no hassle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks Dave for the update and the headsup on the likely Fiat 7" cost. It seems a shame this can't be better resolved.

Howard.

Mar 11, 2022
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin SPB
Exp
5 years
Hi guys, In Australia and looking to do the head unit upgrade. Connect 2 https://aerpro.com/vehicles/fiat/fiat-ducato-2015#- have a unit that keeps most of the vehicle settings but looks a bit of a pain to make changes, but seems to read that it works ok. Lose the trip computer settings however. Also found a German You Tube video which shows how to change head units. You can watch with English subtitles Working on the trip computer.

Tony

Mar 10, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Hi Dave, i have a 2019, hate the satnav big time, OH who is fed up with my moaning just said buy a new one, looking @ 1 for £90, which won't break the bank and fits my needs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back