Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Close enough for you?
I'm not following a link to the Daily Mail, but in any case you seem to be confused and are repeatedly contradicting yourself. I'll leave you to work out where you're going wrong for yourself.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
£2000 fine for each person if they get in to the UK on your vehicle. Good job that lady was around.
If they were hiding under mine they would be scraped off at the first speed bump its that low,,BUSBY,,:D:D

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
A group of them gassed me, stole my iPad and €2000 in cash last time I was in France in the van
What about your Rolex and the wife's didn't they take them as well.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What about your Rolex and the wife's didn't they take them as well.

Quite right. I forgot about those.

And my intimate diamond piercings:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KiwiGT

Free Member
May 5, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Stayed at Citie Europe a couple of weeks ago and great. Police circled the park about every hour. Just have a look under your motorhome before you leave- advice from border officer!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Stayed at Citie Europe a couple of weeks ago and great. Police circled the park about every hour. Just have a look under your motorhome before you leave- advice from border officer!
Wont matter if your going south,,BUSBY,,

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Or find some 'sleeping policemen' to drive over - not much clearance under a van chassis.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Easier to let a sniffer dog look under each vehicle,,,,,BUSBY,,,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We would have no problems with illegals if we immediately returned them to the last country they came from i.e. France and then The French did the same ,,, not so easy to do with genuine refugees from war zones but for economic refugees if they were returned to their own country it would put off others,,,,,,BUSBY,,,,,,,:D2:D2yr,,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If they are genuine refugees they will have registered as asylum seekers in the first EU country in which they arrived.
Unless that country didn't want to deal with this problem and so shepherds them onto the next country and the next country also adopts the same tactic and so on and so on with the end result of tens of thousands of migrants in camps in places like Calais, Dunkerque etc.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
On our way back at the end of July, we wanted to call in at the "Friterie des Nations", and to check out the new campsite next to the new aire (for my son). The large car park at the western end of Digue Gaston Berthe had the height barriers open, and several motorhomes parked. We joined them, and considered overnighting, but we went on to Cité Europe for other reasons. I don't know whether the height barriers are going to be left open? It occurred to us that maybe Calais authorities recognise that the new aire is insufficient for the needs of the many motorhomes visiting the town - it holds 20? but we've seen over five times that at the old aire (well, including when they opened up the car park next to it to motorhomes!)
Calais beach font is an under-appreciated location: the beach is fantastic, the "buzz" can be great, and there are food outlets to suit every taste and pocket. (I'm particularly pleased that the Côte d'Argent has survived the disruption)

The photo might answer your question, the height barrier is still open but its now daytime parking only. :(

Visited the area a few days ago and the 'Friterie des Nations' has now been moved along the seafront road midway between the large car park at the western end and where it used to be.
No waiting for motorhome signs all along that road now.

Pete

IMG_6429.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back