calais to croatia (1 Viewer)

2escapees

Deleted User
If I was going to Croatia I would not leave from Calais. No really how long do you want to take and do you want to use toll roads?

V

vanessa

Deleted User
I can't imagine Croatia in relation to any of the "main" European countries ... (I know I could google to find it, but where's the fun in that?:ROFLMAO:) any pointers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I think its the top part of what used to be Yugoslavia ?? and i think it may have a coast line on the Adriatic ?? I proberbly should have Googled first ? just a guess

I can't imagine Croatia in relation to any of the "main" European countries ... (I know I could google to find it, but where's the fun in that?:ROFLMAO:) any pointers?

V

vanessa

Deleted User
OK, so I resorted to boring old Google!!:RollEyes:

You could go down through France, cross northern Italy, then drop down through Slovenia and then into Croatia.

Or do Germany, Austria, Slovenia and into Croatia.

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I have tried to find a thread where i am sure i read that at one entry point into Croatia you may have to cross a non-EEC member country and that insurance for that crossing can be a problem ??

perhaps i dreamt it ?? is Don Madge about as i think he was one of the contributors to the thread

hope that makes sense ??

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
Croatia Trip

Use Norfolk Lines, (usually cheap) then go through Valkenberg Rudesheim, Nuremburg, (Nice campsites at all these places) Pass Munich And another campsite at Traunstein and then to Lake Bled.
We have gone this way, more or less, twice as there is free motorway most of the way if your time is limited. Beware of the motorway tolls in Austria if you are driving a big motor home. Small ones are not expensive. Bit slow getting through the Slovenian border but no problems. If you go down to Dubrovnik you have to travel through about 10 miles of Bosnia. They try to sell you insurance but it is a good straight road and nobody bothers!
Hope this helps! Enjoy::bigsmile:

Last edited:
V

vanessa

Deleted User
I've had a quick search on here, but can't find anything ... maybe it was elsewhere:Doh:

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Think it was Don posting about this & I think it was on the other side or possibly on the Yahoo Mlist. I will see if I can find it I think he may have done a Travelogue.

Traveller

Last edited:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, I think "Freestyle" may have covered it in there post ? could it be the section mentioned in Bosnia ?

If you go down to Dubrovnik you have to travel through about 10 miles of Bosnia. They try to sell you insurance but it is a good straight road and nobody bothers!
UNQUOTE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back