Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
why don’t you think so regarding Spain

I know the situation regarding France tbh but it’s Spain and via road i’m referring to and you can't go on the ferry as yet, thats the whole point of me being interested in driving as we don't do ferries at all i'm afraid

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Well, doing more research, and reading ‘murcia today’ it seems that you can still drive over the French/Spanish border, and it appears that we just need clarification from France as to being allowed in/transit .

if other funsters can update PLEASE do so...

thanks

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
you’ve always been able to drive over the borders, well since at least Sept 2020 you have.

I’m subscribed to Gov.uk site and get daily updates regards Spain and France travel, Spain is regularly updated even more that once a day but France have been quiet since christmas eve unfortunately

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, I like this route Gus but never done it in winter, i’m hoping to cross this month if allowed so would you recommend this as a winter route.
I‘m concerned about possible bad snow conditions and have just advertised for some chains in the classifieds.

if not this route, is their a route you or anyone can recommend please, bearing in mind i’m 8.8 mtrs tag with a bike rack and 5000kg

cheers and happy new year everyone

Al
Yes as others have said road is heavily used & kept clear of snow.
My neighbour has been using it regularly with & without trailers on his articulated tractor unit .
Have I read this correctly

Spain as of today have given us the go ahead to travel by road requiring no checks or tests

there has never been any requirement for tests when travelling by road?
& until the 19th you cannot travel in by plane or boat unless you are resident, national or have an application in for residency prior to 31st December.

It is the crossing of France that you need to be able to do.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Yes as others have said road is heavily used & kept clear of snow.
My neighbour has been using it regularly with & without trailers on his articulated tractor unit .

there has never been any requirement for tests when travelling by road?
& until the 19th you cannot travel in by plane or boat unless you are resident, national or have an application in for residency prior to 31st December.

It is the crossing of France that you need to be able to do.
hi Gus

i’m pretty sure (99.9%) lol, that on the Gov.uk site from christmas eve until today at 2.55pm air/sea/rail travel to Spain all req’d tests according to the Spain travel page

i’ll stand being corrected though

cheers

Al
Edit
“Spain restricted travel from the UK from 00:00 (CET) on 20 December. This travel restriction apply to all air, car, ferry and train passengers”

This restriction started with the 6th, then 11th and now the 19th afaik

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
I don’t think so, but even if you have read it correctly, you still need to get into France to travel down....unless someone can correct me.....if I’m wrong, and we could go , I’ll be on the next ferry 🚍🇪🇸
France is still a no go, pity as I was on my way...:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back