Calais to benidorm (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Targetpaster "Apparently the focus by the Spanish is now on the Russians" - were did you read this as we live in Spain and have not read this or heard of it? or is it just rumors/fake news!!!!!
Spain has been encouraging them for at least 10 years.
They invented the "Residency for 500k €" house purchase mainly for the Russians.

Up around Alicante & upwards there are large amounts also coming down towards St Javier.
Many board their children in the UK & they come back here for the holidays & half term. I've flown back witha few from Exeter who were at school Lyme Regis way.
All the Russians we have around here, & we have plenty ,are all young women :happy:;):hi5::wink:
One son next door has been married to a Russian for the last 14 years & another married a Ukrainian 7 or 8 years ago. When we have births, baptisms & communions they all come.
It has always fascinated me , #conspiracytheoriesareus , why there were so many young women here & how did they all get allowed out?:unsure:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
gus-lopez, Spain has been encouraging everyman and his dog to come here (you and me both) My point was it's "here say" not fact.
I agree that there are more than usual Russians over past 3/4 years, but nothing to do with Spanish Government activity looking for them. I think it more to do with the Russians having more money to spend......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
To be honest I never use paid tolls in France or Spain, I use my Garmin Camper satnav (can input my MOHO dimensions) and set it to avoid tolls. Always found it reliable and enjoy the journey. I do like to make the drive part of the journey and it can be surprising what you find. I know some people just like to get from A to B as quickly as possible but I find the auto route and autopista so bland and boring. The alternatives in both countries are not like the UK and reasonable speed can be kept up. I have traveled to Gibraltar this way quite a few times and always find something new, sometimes even going through Andorra.....

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Is this directed at me ? Do you know me ? It was an informative reply to a straightforward question ! As an aside I find the people from Yorkshire to be very warm and friendly. and your description of them is simply wrong I.M.O. Nothing tight about circumnavigating a toll both to avoid paying a fixed fee.
I am also a Yorkshire man not tight just like value for money worked hard all my life so now how hard it is to earn a crust. Most of the time on min wages.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Last time we did that route in Class III through France was €320 in tolls, €250 in Fuel and the Tunnel was £125.

We have used Brittany Ferries Since.
Last time we did that route in Class III through France was €320 in tolls, €250 in Fuel and the Tunnel was £125. Plus W&T on the Van.

If your fuel costs are €250 each way (To Spanish boarder ???) it would be cost effective for you to use the minimal tolls option mentioned above. I appreciate at the end of the day its members preferences that count but there is an opportunity to save quite a bit of money compared with the ferry option.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Last time we did that route in Class III through France was €320 in tolls, €250 in Fuel and the Tunnel was £125. Plus W&T on the Van.

Thanks will stick to my normal route it's about 50euros

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Hi all will be making my way back in 10 days.
Any recommendations for a stop over as I want to do the Somport tunnel on the way back from Benidorm.
Laurie.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi all will be making my way back in 10 days.
Any recommendations for a stop over as I want to do the Somport tunnel on the way back from Benidorm.
Laurie.
I think that you will have to be keeping up to date with the movement restrictions day by day for the different regions, and be prepared to be flexible in your route. Hope it goes well.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Check weather as it can change as you near the tunnel and it does close at times. Also in times of snow, chains can be obligatory along that road.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Check weather as it can change as you near the tunnel and it does close at times. Also in times of snow, chains can be obligatory along that road.
Ok will keep a eye out as no snow chains.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
I think that you will have to be keeping up to date with the movement restrictions day by day for the different regions, and be prepared to be flexible in your route. Hope it goes well.
I wouldn't think they will restrict your route home .I'm in the valencia region and still allowed to travel with in it and if your traveling home no issues ,our friends left a few days ago and traveled through France with no issues.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Why go that way ? Better free toll road as far as Tarragona then tolls up to the border but wouldn't be that dear. Around Barca is free. Beziers & up the A75 all the way to Clermont -Ferrand is free apart from Millau bridge. Then A 71 to Orleans. then A 10 onwards & branch left for N154 to Chartres,dreux, Evereux & on to Rouen , A 28,Abbeville then A16 to calais.All free

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, I like this route Gus but never done it in winter, i’m hoping to cross this month if allowed so would you recommend this as a winter route.
I‘m concerned about possible bad snow conditions and have just advertised for some chains in the classifieds.

if not this route, is their a route you or anyone can recommend please, bearing in mind i’m 8.8 mtrs tag with a bike rack and 5000kg

cheers and happy new year everyone

Al

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, I like this route Gus but never done it in winter, i’m hoping to cross this month if allowed so would you recommend this as a winter route.
I‘m concerned about possible bad snow conditions and have just advertised for some chains in the classifieds.

if not this route, is their a route you or anyone can recommend please, bearing in mind i’m 8.8 mtrs tag with a bike rack and 5000kg

cheers and happy new year everyone

Al
Trucks use A75 all winter.It snows but they keep it clear..Have come up it when it was minus 18 degs,,,snowing but kept clear.BUSBY.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
thanks Jenna & Busby

thats what i’d hoped to hear, just need the get go though now though

I see Spain has extended its travel ban until the 19th so no rush yet, am i correct though in thinking Spain has dropped the needs for all the Covid tests for road going travel, I just want France to do the same and i’m off back to the sun

Al

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Just scanned another post titled France Jan 2021, looks like we can’t go there, perhaps the ferry is a better option 😎

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Hey Duck Truck - Love your franglais with a bit of porfavor thrown in for good measure but I'm sure it works, because the operator probably said to his/her mate "I've no idea what he's saying but I know he just wants a cheaper rate so just press the Cl2 button and he'll pay and bugger off"
and as a Yorkshire man I aways add
"HOW MUCH"

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Have I read this correctly

Spain as of today have given us the go ahead to travel by road requiring no checks or tests

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Have I read this correctly

Spain as of today have given us the go ahead to travel by road requiring no checks or tests

I don’t think so, but even if you have read it correctly, you still need to get into France to travel down....unless someone can correct me.....if I’m wrong, and we could go , I’ll be on the next ferry 🚍🇪🇸

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back