Calais to Benicasim route /stopovers (2 Viewers)

asjs

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
North of England
Funster No
Exp
Hi Everybody.
Does anyone have info on a route or stopovers which will incorporate the new Millau bridge. I usually go down via calais, Poiters, Bordeaux, Pamplona, Zaragoza and Tarragona. This year I thought I would go down by the new bridge but I am not sure about sites being open. Also I would like to give Paris a miss unless someone knows a good route around Paris. Thanks.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi Everybody.
Does anyone have info on a route or stopovers which will incorporate the new Millau bridge. I usually go down via calais, Poiters, Bordeaux, Pamplona, Zaragoza and Tarragona. This year I thought I would go down by the new bridge but I am not sure about sites being open. Also I would like to give Paris a miss unless someone knows a good route around Paris. Thanks.

Hi,
We did it this year and like you we normally go via Bordeaux.
This year we went via Calais, Rouen (toll cost 11 euro),Evreux, Dreux,, overnighted in a small village car park with water & toilets. The overnight village was called Artenay, and it is just north of Orleans.
From there we went via Orleans, Nervers, to St Pourcain s Sioule, (we overnighted here also as it looked very nice, with a municipal site by the river and it was well worth stopping early).
Then to Clermont Ferrand, and on to Millau.
We found the aire in the book at Millau but it was useless so do not bother.
We did use the autoroutes but they were free and not peage!
A place worth seeing is Lac Pareloup, which is just south of Rodez. If you look at my pics you will see a pic of it.
I hope this is of some help.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: That's the same route we take. But we go from Le Havre. We usually stop on Aire at Clermont Ferrand and have stayed in Millau near the river for 3 1/2 weeks. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Have you got a location or directions for the aire John ? .. sounds good ::bigsmile:

:Cool: On the road through Millau (N9) not over the Bridge. Coming down the hill into Millau you turn left at the roundabout. Go past the Sports Centre/Tennis Courts. The Aire is a VERY LARGE truck park next to the river. Nice swimming and bathing. Just across the road is a Pub/Bar, Garage, Supermarket. Some very nice walks and cycleways. :winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
asjs

asjs

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
North of England
Funster No
Exp
Hi Everybody

Thanks for all of the replies. I have decided to use the route justme suggested, I have done that route many years ago but forgot all about it. I have found a site at Orcet just south of Clermont Ferrand trouble is it means I will have to do a big chunk the 1st day being 452 miles but my ferry is @ 4.00am so I do have all day to get there. Again thanks for all the replies.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
asjs

asjs

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
North of England
Funster No
Exp
Hi johnsandywhite
It would appear that you have about the same distance to drive as me. Have a great time over there and who knows I may bump into you (just a figure of speech). When are you sailing.:winky:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi Everybody

Thanks for all of the replies. I have decided to use the route justme suggested, I have done that route many years ago but forgot all about it. I have found a site at Orcet just south of Clermont Ferrand trouble is it means I will have to do a big chunk the 1st day being 452 miles but my ferry is @ 4.00am so I do have all day to get there. Again thanks for all the replies.::bigsmile:

Hi asjs, thanks for reply, and I am pleased that I could help.
Looks like John S W found a better aire than we did in Millau.
Well done JSW

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
:Cool: On the road through Millau (N9) not over the Bridge. Coming down the hill into Millau you turn left at the roundabout. Go past the Sports Centre/Tennis Courts. The Aire is a VERY LARGE truck park next to the river. Nice swimming and bathing. Just across the road is a Pub/Bar, Garage, Supermarket. Some very nice walks and cycleways. :winky:

Didnt see that one John, wish we had.:Smile:
We went to Aire La Grave at Rue Cantarane out of the Camperstop book and it was terrible!:frowny:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back