Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
And your point is?

Millions of people would LOVE to work for 43 years...

JJ :cool:
And millions wouldn't

Fact is there isn't enough jobs to give everyone a job ......so the answer of course is to bring more people in so we can support them too.

Try going to other countries and doing that see how far you get.

Why does it fall on Britain to take them?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I did Mr Tambo... I came to Portugal...

I've got as much work as I choose to take on...

But I am very, very, very, very, lucky...

Some poor and starving people in Somalia believe they can change their lives by reaching the West and finding work...

They go through immense hardship in their attempt to realise a dream. They get slagged off here by people who wouldn't know real hardship if it jumped up and drank the last drops of their wine (bought cheap over in France).

Now if people from the WEALTHY West suggest investing money in places like Somalia to improve their lives and reduce the number of folk trying to find a decent life elsewhere, the "Charity Begins At Home" brigade get all hot and bothered.

I suggest that NOBODY on Fun is poor... they at least have a computer and a spare tenner.

Billions of people would happy with fresh water and electricity for a light bulb...

Anyway, I must get on and stop annoying fellow Funsters...

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I did Mr Tambo... I came to Portugal...

I've got as much work as I choose to take on...

But I am very, very, very, very, lucky...

Some poor and starving people in Somalia believe they can change their lives by reaching the West and finding work...

They go through immense hardship in their attempt to realise a dream. They get slagged off here by people who wouldn't know real hardship if it jumped up and drank the last drops of their wine (bought cheap over in France).

Now if people from the WEALTHY West suggest investing money in places like Somalia to improve their lives and reduce the number of folk trying to find a decent life elsewhere, the "Charity Begins At Home" brigade get all hot and bothered.

I suggest that NOBODY on Fun is poor... they at least have a computer and a spare tenner.

Billions of people would happy with fresh water and electricity for a light bulb...

Anyway, I must get on and stop annoying fellow Funsters...

Your missing my point ....im not saying anyone on fun is poor im saying this country has people in it already who are in dire need of help .....

We should get our own house in order before fixing the rest of the world

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi JJ.
Did they try to restore law and order in Somalia and failed? Surely,law and order precedes handing out millions to ,dare i say,"War Lords". While we are at it,i would doubt the "mechanic" scam was an isolated incident..... The "Bomber",scurrying home in a Burka... There's a second incident

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I suggest we give them all JJ's address & they can all go & live with him :rolleyes: :D

I SECOND THAT VOTE - :D anyone with any spare cash should donate it to the means of people in this country first - British and English speaking (thats not racism) why should we not look after our own first ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Right, its time for some attempted mediation

I don't think anybody has ever suggested we should open our doors to illegal entrants

we are stuck with idiotic EU rules that allow legal entry, which is now causing upset and resentment, for good reasons in some cases, they are different to those escaping horrors we can't even imagine

Sometimes the way the upset we feel transfers to written comments such as in this thread and others, borders on nasty

I do not have the answer to the worlds population problems, but something needs to be done. Some of the awful reports we hear about conditions abroad, civil wars, massive hardship, we really should not be surprised the inhabitants want to get out, in many cases they have to, where are they going to go to, the obvious places are those with wealth, not necessarily the benefit system, most I doubt even know about that

My disappointment with some of the content relates to the nastiness, posted in humour maybe, I wish no harm to anybody or thing and I think that applies to most of us on here.

I remember in the 70's Idi Amin turned on half of his own people, as many as could escaped, a good few came here, my family put some up at the time till they could be settled, their story stuck with me and maybe skews my thoughts on the current debate

There is a significant difference between economic migrants using and abusing the system typically within the EU, to those from Somalia amongst others, who come here or other EU countries, having fled in fear

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
the name of the club [is the fun c lub] just have fun.dont get serious.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Can I add that we have had many years dealing with those in the UK who claim hardship. A significant number of those, (but lets be clear, its by no means all) are not hard up at all. They fritter away what they have but then bleat no cash, no credit on the phone etc. They are life choices. Almost all of that 'bleater' category have as much if not more disposable income than I, but chose to spend it on posh mobiles, Sky TV, the latest and greatest mega sized TV, computer games, 'labels', smoking, drinking and recreational drugs. For myself, I don't mind, its their choice. I do mind when I see innocent kids being really deprived because of the choices and actions of their parents, or them bleating that its OK for me as I've got a motorhome and can go on holiday! Sadly, a significant proportion would still be 'hard up' if you gave them £100k a year in benefits.

How you separate the really needy from the lazy scroungers is a challenge that no government has the answers too, and frankly nor do I. Anything we introduce always seems to hit both groups. Yes, charity does need to be at home to help the most disadvantaged, but realistically, may are their because they have made poor choices. That shouldn't help us trying to deal with the immigration issue at source though.

Also I'm not a thoroughbred 'Brit' and have spent all this weekend having 'fun' at Family History weekend helping other to trace their roots. I don't think anyone I've helped has been pure British either.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I SECOND THAT VOTE - :D anyone with any spare cash should donate it to the means of people in this country first - British and English speaking (thats not racism) why should we not look after our own first ?
Tough luck if you speak Cornish, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic then!

Joke.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Can I add that we have had many years dealing with those in the UK who claim hardship. A significant number of those, (but lets be clear, its by no means all) are not hard up at all. They fritter away what they have but then bleat no cash, no credit on the phone etc. They are life choices. Almost all of that 'bleater' category have as much if not more disposable income than I, but chose to spend it on posh mobiles, Sky TV, the latest and greatest mega sized TV, computer games, 'labels', smoking, drinking and recreational drugs. For myself, I don't mind, its their choice. I do mind when I see innocent kids being really deprived because of the choices and actions of their parents, or them bleating that its OK for me as I've got a motorhome and can go on holiday! Sadly, a significant proportion would still be 'hard up' if you gave them £100k a year in benefits.

How you separate the really needy from the lazy scroungers is a challenge that no government has the answers too, and frankly nor do I. Anything we introduce always seems to hit both groups. Yes, charity does need to be at home to help the most disadvantaged, but realistically, may are their because they have made poor choices. That shouldn't help us trying to deal with the immigration issue at source though.

Also I'm not a thoroughbred 'Brit' and have spent all this weekend having 'fun' at Family History weekend helping other to trace their roots. I don't think anyone I've helped has been pure British either.
Do you know this from first hand experience or from what media and goverment tells you?

The goverment isn't interested in the little people , their interested in themselves , weapons, oil, bankers, big bonuses, expenses etc all much more important than long health care waiting lists, homeless, critically ill, poverty etc

You tell me one politician or British banker who has suffered from the recession........i can guarantee there are thousands of sick, elderly and disabled who have

There will always be slackers , workshy and chancers. ...........Most of them are in Westminster

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Unfortunately first hand experience. 40+ years (and both flavours of government) my friend.

I'm a complete cynic about the media. They will make a story out of nothing if they can.

I agree that some of the disabled are having a really difficult time. Yet again, how do you weed out the genuine from those that could (and probably should) be working to help themselves.

AS for those in Westminster, least said the better. However, in my personal experience of meeting a handful of MP's and two peers in private, I've always found them to be genuine people who really care about this country. Party politics has much to answer for.

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
bloody foreigner.png

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Give them my address chaps...

Never ever turned away anyone I could help...

Even had the King of the Algarve and Viceroy of Benidorm (aka Smudger) loitering around here in the past.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back