calais...Fuel (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Going over on the tunnel tomorrow night then onto the marina!Worried about fuel situation!but someone has posted no problems with fuel at Auchan today!and Eurotunnel say no problems with getting fuel at the Total garage at French tunnel exit!so do I worry!Don't know what to think.Our French friends who we are visiting rang last night to say no fuel anywhere so bring plenty!!

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
fill up, take a jerry can full... we were stranded sunday night, but got lucky, be prepared , you will be ok

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
I posted earlier and had no problems today at Auchan. I went round to Citi Europe as well and motorhomes were in the new garage taking on diesel as well. The garage before Auchan just off the island had diesel as well people were filling as I drove past €1.20 there. Calais seems fine at the moment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robrace
Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
cheers.think I'll fill up and take a can full.Belt and braces!Was going down to Soissons to see friends then was going to Brittany but will have to wait and see what the situation is.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yeah advice given by AA and RAC is to fill up in UK, take spare can full and just top up where you can. Go for it and enjoy the weather :)

Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014
mtng
Yeah advice given by AA and RAC is to fill up in UK, take spare can full and just top up where you can. Go for it and enjoy the weather :)[/QUOTE
We came back to France Sunday. We got a text from Brittany Ferries on Friday advising of fuel problems. They also said no jerrycans allowed on the ferry.
In our area,Manche50, the stations with fuel are limiting to €20, and they will only put fuel in vehicles, strictly no jerrycans.
I took my ride on mower into my local station on a trailer and they would not let me put petrol directly into it.
The only chance of filling jerrycans is at an unmanned card only station. However many of these have been closed.
On Tuesday our son was supposed to sail to Santander but the ferry had broken down. He came to Cherbourg instead,and managed to get to Pau,in a car. He was able to get fuel all the way down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Anyone currently in the Ploermel area the Super U has had a diesel delivery this morning and no quantity restrictions the campsite owner tells me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back