Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Has anyone came up through the Calais area, we are getting reports that there are some pretty horrendous traffic jams, there are so many roomers going about down here in Beni, will be driving back by car, any advice welcome, Alan

Deleted User
Google maps is your friend with stuff like this, clean and green traffic flow at the moment (y)

C2F44CBA-A661-4A0A-B311-1B54CD93ADDE.png

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
There was a backup of freight at the a Tunnel and Eurotunnel were saying it should not effect passenger traffic just pass on the left before the slip road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Passed through Calais last Thursday, but didn't look at the aire. Sorry. I haven't stopped in Calais since the old parking facilities were closed down. I think 10€ is a bit much just for parking.

Please note that the aire at Wissant is barriered off. I used the Auchan car park at St Martin, Boulogne

J

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There was some problem with freight one day & time we were almost there at the slip road, all the freight was in a long queue and whoever was at the end of the queue were waving non-freight traffic like us in Moho, cars, cars towing caravans etc etc. on because they stayed well out of the way on the right of the Mway and did not venture into the non freight lane. I hadn't been so impressed since the first time we went to France together on a motorbike - literally the parting of the ways. And - there were plenty of non French freight vehicles also being really courteous and sensible!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back