Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
I hope they all had a party in there motorhomes i think i would have been tempted to turn my gas back on. I expect the health and safety brigade on here will have a fit
Wanderer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
It would appear the only trains that broke down were the Eurostar passenger trains, as they entered the relatively warm tunnel from an extremely cold Northern France, which they couldn't cope with, for some reason. I don't think any vehicle shuttles broke down, but of course, because the Tunnel was shut, they couldn't move off.

Steve

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Not Marjal this time

Yep - we got caught in t e tunnel debacle although fortunately not in the tunnel itself. Left home at 5pm hit the queue just after 6pm eventually got back home at 1am.

This was suppossd to be a last big holiday for mom as she has Alzheimers and supposedly before it gets much worse give her a nice Christmas break, well sadly she completely panicked and freaked out with the waiting etc and it was just not worth putting her through it.

Got her home she was relatively fine but she is still bad today yet she always used to love going through the tunnel and travelling etc.

Looking at what happened with the tunnel it is probably just as well.

Hope evryone has a great Christmas!!

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Yep - we got caught in t e tunnel debacle although fortunately not in the tunnel itself. Left home at 5pm hit the queue just after 6pm eventually got back home at 1am.

This was suppossd to be a last big holiday for mom as she has Alzheimers and supposedly before it gets much worse give her a nice Christmas break, well sadly she completely panicked and freaked out with the waiting etc and it was just not worth putting her through it.

Got her home she was relatively fine but she is still bad today yet she always used to love going through the tunnel and travelling etc.

Looking at what happened with the tunnel it is probably just as well.

Hope evryone has a great Christmas!!

Sorry to hear this news,, seems a shame after all your organising,, :cry:

Could`nt you try a ferry ?

It`s not much more than an hour n half,,

Whatever you decide, Hope you can salvage a good time over Xmas..

Take Care.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Sorry to hear this news,, seems a shame after all your organising,, :cry:

Could`nt you try a ferry ?

It`s not much more than an hour n half,,

Whatever you decide, Hope you can salvage a good time over Xmas..

Take Care.

Thanks

Unfortunately my mother has not liked going by ferry with the dogs ever since we had a delayed trip and the dogs got extremely stressed in the car. So she just won't entertain it, of the few things she remembers that is one of them.

She has been totally confused all day it has really set her back, to the extent that she has now been saying 'how are we going to get back home from Calais in this weather' etc and trying to leave the house in a desperate effort to get 'home' so I am at the moment just trying to stay put to get her hopefully to calm down. Maybe if she is taking this turn (her AD seems to plateau for a while then dive) it is a belessing in disguise, only time will tell.

I will just play it by ear and see what happens:Sad:

If we don't get down there, have a great Christmas and New Year and hope to catch up with you at a rally:thumb: my girlfriend and i are thinking of going to the March party

Cheers
Gary

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno for sure exactly where they got caught until the drivers are asked on Monday, but three lorries running in from Italy got held up for 5 hours coming via the tunnel
I guess they may have been waiting to get on the train, but no matter, it still affected them just the same !

OP
OP
gillr49

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Now new arrivals at the tunnel are being turned away!!!!!:RollEyes::RollEyes:
And we seem to have run out of grit, although we keep being told the gritters are out:Angry::Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now new arrivals at the tunnel are being turned away!!!!!:RollEyes::RollEyes:
And we seem to have run out of grit, although we keep being told the gritters are out:Angry::Angry:

Life's a laugh, innit. I'll bet hundreds were saying "ha ha ha, you prats should be driving over instead of taking BA, you'll learn". And now !

Not much grit around these parts either. It's not like they haven't had warning is it.

Have we anyone in Morocco yet ? It's be good to that there is warmth somewhere.

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
eurotunnel

for al you doubters out there.
read this put out by eurotunnel today

Attachments