Calais again (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I beleave its a diversionary tactic, if enough of them swarm over all the vehicles going to the port then a few will slip unnoticed into the trucks or vans,
if they managed to get to the ferry they can spend the crossing looking for a better hiding hole if the first one isn't suitable,

on one Motorhome last month a couple were checking the trailer they were towing and a immigrant sneaked on board while they a were at the rear of there van and hid in the toilet, ( this was on the car deck)
the first they knew of it was a guy appearing out of nowhere and demanding they stop and let him out, ( obviously this side of the channel)
by the time the police arrived he was long gone with no hope of capturing him,
I am sure he will make a fine upstanding citizen.......

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Our view .. we use the tunnel exclusively. We always cross at night and we do see a fair few migrants. We always pop to Auchan for fuel when we exit the tunnel and on that short trip last time it was a sea of blue flashing lights on police vans with groups of sinister looking males hanging around on roundabouts and under bridges. We find them quite intimidating. We don't mind passing through Calais but we wouldn't want to stop there esp at night.
On our way back we always drive straight to the tunnel and have never had a problem. (But we know they are out there)
I feel really sorry for the residents of Calais. It must be terrible for them

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
define sinister for me....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
With all the publicity surrounding the tunnel everyone assumes that is where the trouble is whereas what I have seen and what others have reported, there is hardly any trouble at all to motorhomes, you just go past the lorrys and migrants into the booking place, this latest thread is in fact about ferrys which I have not been on for over a year now so can't really say whether it is worse.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
define sinister for me....
fighting.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disturbing-footage-shows-migrants-violent-6260504

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I just listened to David Cameron telling some reporter that the British public understands and accepts immigration into this country !!!!!!
I think he needs better information gatherers !!!!!!
We have enough here already !!!!!!
I nearly wrote this in "shouty" capitals !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I just listened to David Cameron telling some reporter that the British public understands and accepts immigration into this country !!!!!!
I think he needs better information gatherers !!!!!!
We have enough here already !!!!!!
I nearly wrote this in "shouty" capitals !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

On the BBC news? She was flipping good. Really gave him a rough ride. :boxing::boxing:
She kept reminding him of his quotes to control immigration and how he had failed.
Good girl

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
"Giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen"

Sounds quite apt use of the word to me.

Evil? Blimey!..... Do you always make assumptions like this while looking at complete strangers. We always stop at Auchan as well for fuel and shopping..have only seen a few going round routing through bins...never felt threathened there at all. Funny old thing perceptions...

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
COPIED FROM ANOTHER FORUM, (seems I may not be able to read !!!! or even write?)

Originally Posted by coppo View Post
There are suggestions on fun that the post is either a gross exaggeration or not true, I just looked although I am no longer a member on there

Paul.
Only the stupid ones who did not have the ability to read. They picked holes in the story
icon1.png
but a sensible long standing member has educated them. Although you cannot educate pork, so some will still not understand him anyway. http://forums.The Dark Side.com/images/The Dark Side_2014/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
coppo likes this.
? Sorry, don't understand.

I am sure I am missing something but don't know what.

I am open t.o (educational) responses. No insults! I just don't understand the reference.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Evil? Blimey!..... Do you always make assumptions like this while looking at complete strangers. We always stop at Auchan as well for fuel and shopping..have only seen a few going round routing through bins...never felt threathened there at all. Funny old thing perceptions...

When measured against the evidence within this thread it still sounds very apt to me. And the statement taken from the dictionary was "harmful or evil".

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
have only seen a few going round routing through bins...never felt threathened there at all. Funny old thing perceptions...

wasn't funny for the OP.. was it, or have you forgotten what the thread topic was.. ?

in case you missed it.. the OP with CRIMINALS on his van roof attacking the roof window..

12105952_175245802811440_2328425040547036994_n-jpg.78250

they are SINISTER people, they are CRIMINALS .. NOT refugees

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
? Sorry, don't understand.

I am sure I am missing something but don't know what.

I am open .o (educational) responses. No insults! I just don't understand the reference.

I copied quote from the other Forum, it seems someone suggested people on this forum need educating but you can't educate pork.
Aren't they nice people on that forum to say that about us??

That's why I said "tongue in cheek" that I may not be able to read or even write

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
When measured against the evidence within this thread it still sounds very apt to me. And the statement taken from the dictionary was "harmful or evil".

So what was about to happen to you...I am intrigued. One hell of an imagination!:)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
So what was about to happen to you...I am intrigued. One hell of an imagination!:)

Nothing was going to happen to me. I think you are confusing me with the person you originally took exception to for using the word "sinister" in his posting.

I was probably sat at home looking at me dog, thinking he looks sinister!!

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Maybe you don't use the tunnel late at night?
Ach .. we probably dreamt it all. Ill let her know that these gangs of young men in black lurking around are ok ... she'll be grateful to you I'm sure (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I copied quote from the other Forum, it seems someone suggested people on this forum need educating but you can't educate pork.

That's why I said "tongue in cheek" that I may not be able to read or even write
Sounds like some on there are sinister

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Maybe you don't use the tunnel late at night?
Ach .. we probably dreamt it all. Ill let her know that these gangs of young men in black lurking around are ok ... she'll be grateful to you I'm sure (y)

Yes always get evening tunnel. You have a vivid imagination...I feel sorry for you

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

OMG.

I am thick as a pig!:LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Please don't. .. you may want to lift your vision slightly if you haven't seen those groups at night.
Course I have seen them? Mainly walking in groups down the main road away from Auchan...big deal!lol

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I have to say, after our last excursion back into Calais, on the approach in to the terminal the traffic slowed at several points. Perhaps, no coincidence there were large gatherings of these 'migrants' at these pinch points. I had already locked all the doors, but they were banging on the windows and some even kicked the van as we passed. My little girl was in tears in the back asking me why they were doing this.
We are never travelling through Calais again, that's for sure. After a great holiday, it is all my daughter talks about, the ugly people trying to get into the van. That's her words, but she is only 7!

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
This is the road to Calais today, on way back from Germany this evening and the queue is un-believable.
Apologies for poor pictures.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back