Calais again (2 Viewers)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Got stuck in the tunnel late July, early August then this. It's Hull Zeebrugge from now on, sick of it.

likewise.. and likewise..

Dover is now off my list of departure ports until they clear the scum out of Calais .. plenty of other ports

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I wonder why all the migrant activity seems to be at Calais? We are told these people have walked for months so why don't they travel a bit further to some of he other ports where there is maybe not so much security?

I suppose they keep trying because they know that if they can just get to the UK, legally or not, they will be allowed to stay in most cases. If the illegals were put on a ferry or train straight back to France maybe they would give up.

Paul

Reactions: f6c
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I can verify that a lot of what was reported by the OP was in fact true.

We returned yesterday in our car, DFDS 11am sailing. Traffic was backed up to Junction 3, a group of about 60 or so were all over the road, trying the back doors on all the lorries. I saw 2 of them jump up to a cab window, banging on his window and pushed his mirrors in. Driver was then blind to what was going on behind him. Same happened to my car oddly but another of the migrants pulled them out again.

The hold up was caused by a ratchet cargo strap which had been tighten across the road from the Armco barriers at about 3 feet high. Beyond that, cones had been placed across the road. Migrants were running a mock believe me. Cargo strap removed and we picked up speed again to Junction 2 where we stopped again. A lot more migrants here, same thing happened, all of them trying to get in the trailers. There was a police presence but mainly this was concentrated inside the fenced area.

The fence was a pointless farce to me. Lots more migrants inside the area but because of the fence they could not disperse and so clogged the roads even more so a third gang had the opportunity to enter the trailers.

Just a point about the migrants. Young, fit, well fed, well clothed, mobile phones and there was in fact quite a few young women with them.

This account is from the horses mouth. Got stuck in the tunnel late July, early August then this. It's Hull Zeebrugge from now on, sick of it. Anarchy is alive and well in Calais.
We stand corrected then thanks for that and apologies to anyone that was doubted(y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We were caught in the aftermath of the trouble early Saturday morning. We arrived at the tunnel at 7 am for the train, all suspended due to masses of illegal immigrants trying to force their way through.
We saw groups walking up the motorway to calais as we made our way there , and witnessed others attempting to get into lorries.
Everyone we saw was young,well nourished and well clothed.
We saw no children and no families, just youths...possibly 18 to mid twenties...not the pics you see in the media.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I wonder why all the migrant activity seems to be at Calais? We are told these people have walked for months so why don't they travel a bit further to some of he other ports where there is maybe not so much security?

I suppose they keep trying because they know that if they can just get to the UK, legally or not, they will be allowed to stay in most cases. If the illegals were put on a ferry or train straight back to France maybe they would give up.

Paul
I've asked why before & years back ,Always been the same. Go to Dunkirk , no problems. I wondered if it is because it is nigh on 3 kms from the dual carriageway to port & all is freight & no foot passengers. I've even seen migrants walking past Dunkirk towards Calais.

There was a couple of incident elsewhere, Roscoff, Le Havre or somewhere earlier in the year but they were caught & disappeared.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I wonder why all the migrant activity seems to be at Calais?
there is also activity at Dieppe..

I think the main reason is that the camp and infrastructure is already set up in Calais .. The do-gooders and entrepreneurs have set up clinics, shops , a mosque, and even an English language school, and provide free food, shelter, and clothing etc ..

so too are the people smugglers who come from the UK .. they have been spotted in the camp with cars bearing UK plates..

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Well perhaps the story was true. I copied these pictures from FB this morning and it seem that a man may be sitting on the roof....in a boat.
11218775_175246222811398_3147844050530868556_n.jpg
12105952_175245802811440_2328425040547036994_n.jpg
12107260_175245966144757_2284913109027267584_n.jpg

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
What staggers me is that these migrants think they can cause damage to your vehicle, traumatise the occupants and think that you will give them a free ride over to the UK!
With a moral compass like that it's a good job we are collectively striving to keep the b****rds out!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Well perhaps the story was true. I copied these pictures from FB this morning and it seem that a man may be sitting on the roof....in a boat.View attachment 78249 View attachment 78250 View attachment 78251
& in front of M7H you can see the strap !

I personally always take the view that attack ios best form of defence & would use all & everything , including the vehicle, to ensure that I deterred them. Would I get out , you bet I would ! Only thing is I wouldn't be unarmed.(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
& in front of M7H you can see the strap !

I personally always take the view that attack ios best form of defence & would use all & everything , including the vehicle, to ensure that I deterred them. Would I get out , you bet I would ! Only thing is I wouldn't be unarmed.(y)

Know what you mean.. but I take the view until this situation is sorted I won't be risking injury to myself and family or damage to my van ..there are plenty of alternative ports.

all the nay sayers and unbelievers ..

Broken Link Removed

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Having crossed a few times this year I have to say we have not had a problem (yes seen the groups of people on the road side and at roundabouts) as many on here have already reported.

Whilst @BillyS posted this fact or fiction I tend to lean towards fiction.

Having said that I do hope it is fiction as would not wish that sort of stress on anyone or their family.
Well I stand correct and feel sorry for them. I wonder why they are using the lorry lanes. In all the time we have crossed eurotunnel we have never been stuck behind lorries, we drive in and go straight to the pet passport area

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
COPIED FROM ANOTHER FORUM, (seems I may not be able to read !!!! or even write?)

Originally Posted by coppo View Post
There are suggestions on fun that the post is either a gross exaggeration or not true, I just looked although I am no longer a member on there

Paul.
Only the stupid ones who did not have the ability to read. They picked holes in the story
icon1.png
but a sensible long standing member has educated them. Although you cannot educate pork, so some will still not understand him anyway. Broken Link Removed
coppo likes this.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
What makes you say that SC just wondered.....

because it read too much like a story, too much filling out and not enought raw anger, but Im allways ready to stand up and say " I was wrong" I never doubted there were problems, we know that is a fact, it was just too bookish...ah well.........

edit: removed tesxt "may have been" and replaced "was"

2nd edit: I have just tried to post on the FACTS thread to oppologise but It seems you have to register

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
COPIED FROM ANOTHER FORUM, (seems I may not be able to read !!!! or even write?)

Originally Posted by coppo View Post
There are suggestions on fun that the post is either a gross exaggeration or not true, I just looked although I am no longer a member on there

Paul.
Only the stupid ones who did not have the ability to read. They picked holes in the story
icon1.png
but a sensible long standing member has educated them. Although you cannot educate pork, so some will still not understand him anyway. http://forums.The Dark Side.com/images/The Dark Side_2014/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
coppo likes this.
What the hell is this all about, never actually been on this 'dark side' I didn't realise what a load of vicious bastards they really are ,everyone that doubted the op has apologised and seeing how whoever it was ,is not a member on here and it was up to the point of someone else showing the pictures, just hearsay.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It might be a silly question, but why are these migrants still at Calais? Security is doing all they can to keep them out of the UK, whereas several EU countries (like Germany for example) have said that they will accept huge numbers. Germany is even building new houses for them to live in.
Why are they still risking death trying to get to England, I don't get it!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Whatever is true or not, it is quite clear law and order is breaking down as millions of illegal immigrants flood across Europe. Law and order in Europe is based on concensus, these people are from countries that have none of that, in fact exactly the opposite. If you cant see being in the wrong place at the wrong time in a MH in these situations of anarchy is a risk then you are truly blind. I certainly will be avoiding Calais.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It might be a silly question, but why are these migrants still at Calais? Security is doing all they can to keep them out of the UK, whereas several EU countries (like Germany for example) have said that they will accept huge numbers. Germany is even building new houses for them to live in.
Why are they still risking death trying to get to England, I don't get it!

language, family already here...who knows. Like the south sea bubble delirium spreads. Pretty sure they would wake up and smell the coffee if and when they get in.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can anyone see what they would get out of getting in or on a motorhome, obviously they are not going to get through customs , waving out of a boat on top, or inside you have only got to report them, not saying it didn't happen but why?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Can anyone see what they would get out of getting in or on a motorhome, obviously they are not going to get through customs , waving out of a boat on top, or inside you have only got to report them, not saying it didn't happen but why?

Some of the anarchist antagonists?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Could just be they are not the brightest fireworks in the box, and believe once they are ensconced on a vehicle, the next stop would be blighty

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I beleave its a diversionary tactic, if enough of them swarm over all the vehicles going to the port then a few will slip unnoticed into the trucks or vans,
if they managed to get to the ferry they can spend the crossing looking for a better hiding hole if the first one isn't suitable,

on one Motorhome last month a couple were checking the trailer they were towing and a immigrant sneaked on board while they a were at the rear of there van and hid in the toilet, ( this was on the car deck)
the first they knew of it was a guy appearing out of nowhere and demanding they stop and let him out, ( obviously this side of the channel)
by the time the police arrived he was long gone with no hope of capturing him,

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
We had a migrant climbing into our side locker when we returned from Ouistriham (Caen) end of August. To all intents and purposes our motorhome would appear empty, lights off, probably thought we were in one of the restaurants. We parked up before entry to the check in gates, waiting for the last ferry to leave so we could park in the compound.
We were actually in the motorhome having a nap, me in the back David in the front on the side bench over the locker in question. I heard some rumbling about, thought it was in the motorhome behind , it carried on a bit more things being shoved about ( our Kayak helmets ! ) I called out to David is that you, he then being a bit deaf but realising something was happening said something like "is that you!"
Realising there was a problem I jumped down, put outside light on and step out, opened door enough to see round other side of door a dark chap scramble back out of the locker. The motorhome was parked close up against a hedge and with the door open there was not enough space to get round ... Not that I would have. He just scarpered. We told other motorhomers to be aware and went forward early, the girl on the check in desk said she had never heard about that before! But police cars were up and down the port all evening! We slept overnight in the secure compound ok. On the boat next morning the Brittany ferry guy who helped us take wine down to the motorhome said that they are always having to take migrants back to France.

We chose to go via the brittany ferry to save tunnel delay / hassle, travelled back last week P &O Rotterdam to Hull, no waiting to board at all, straight on board 3 hours before we were due to sail and much less stress for us than the drive on southern roads.

We have decided to use this crossing next year for our main hols, we can leave home in the evening drive an hour, be in Zeebrugg next morning and make the south of France or wherever in a couple of easy days driving.

There is plenty of room for migrants in the floorspace of our vehicle, we have never been inspected yet by customs. Its easy to pop a locker with a screwdriver.

I would agree they mostly look to be fit young men and doubt they will have any respect for a traditionally British way of life, their women will have few rights and they just breed numerous children turning the UK into another Muslim state.

I think the people at the ports should be rounded up and returned to where they came from, they have deserted their families and I doubt their decency and their motives.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back