May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Morning campers xx
Wonder if any one has ever parked in Cagnes sur Mere? we have a 2.9 high motorhome and cant see any pics of parking without barriers. The plan is to park there early-ish on Sunday 1 sept- get the train to Grasse [as I have read the reviews of driving to Grasse - and had a terror of the tiny roads before that !] I have researched the train times and the time it will take us to drive there and go onwards to our next booked campsite - I have emailed the tourist information office there in English and Google translate - no reply :cry:....The idea to take a detour on the way to Elba is Herself's; we had earlier planned routes/timings to get to a-b etc to reach Sardinia; taking days to do this only to find no ferries had space for us -sigh ! Sorry for the rambling -trying to show I have tried myself [and also trying to avoid the gardening and cleaning needed before we set off. ]
Thanks in advance xx

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Parking anywhere in that region is a complete nightmare, loads of signs banning motorhomes

we drove down through Grasse to Antibes last year and retraced our route back up from Nice, the journey is not that bad, it is a main road for lorries, follow the lorry route not sat nav

I would research parking at Grasse and drive there if it were me (y)

Edit - or find a site and overnight, we used Vielle Ferme site at Antibes there is a train runs along the coast with station within 1/2 mile of site

I wouldn't rush back, but decent enough, lovely park adjacent, not cheap think we paid €40 but that included friends who joined us in their car

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you David, I have looked at parking in Grasse and there doesn't seem to be any at all- other reviews have said you cant actually drive there ...we were hoping to go to the Perfume Factory and have a toddle round the village ; but is is a possible stop on the way to Elba . Might not be do- able :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I drove through Grasse this summer in a 3.3 metre x 7.2 metre van and it was an absolute nightmare. The sat nav was sworn at constantly.
As previously pointed out, Cagnes is not a place to park a van but there is a campsite that is well used.
Maybe check out bus timetable from Gourdon. The other aires near to Grasse arent worth staying at. Or go to St Laurent Du Var and if you can get in (by the main road though Q at night) then you can stay 7 nights there and think there is a train station to Grasse from there as it will go through Cagnes but a bit of a trek from the aire.

Alternatively, Grasse train station has a car park with 3.8 metre height restriction according to google !

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just to clarify when I say I drove through Grasse, I drove through the bleeding town centre. Not a place at all for a motorhome. The journey to and from Grasse on all sides is fine and no issues at all. I think there was a tight turn out of Grasse up towards Gourdon and the Gorges du loup (which we did on a motorbike)

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Fab info thank you ! we will drive to Grasse and see if we can park -we are only 2.9 high and under 6 m long - Onwards ! Upwards .. etc and will see what is what. As ever m home funsters are the best xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back