Caen migration problems (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014

Seems as though it’s getting worse. As in previous thread we felt uncomfortable about coming back through here at Easter. But where else could you use?

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Bored media just stoking the fire yet again...
Plenty more funsters on here can offer an alternative observation on trouble free crossings rather than fall for the media gossip,!!!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Plenty more funsters on here can offer an alternative observation on trouble free crossings rather than fall for the media gossip,!!!

Best ignore, it might go away :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Sorry not gossip. We had problems 2 weeks ago and pulled out with 3 others at 1am.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We drove past Caen port and stayed just along the coast 2 weeks ago. No sign of anyone hanging around, but that was early evening, it might be different at night.
But, I don’t believe the press reports “ lorry drivers told us......” why would lorry drivers in Caen ring the British press?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have never used Caen but have used tunnel three times over last six weeks and not seen any sign of illegals anywhere all trouble free crossings.(y)(y);)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Sorry not gossip. We had problems 2 weeks ago and pulled out with 3 others at 1am.
Quite agree.
When we got off the ferry there were groups of up to 20 at each potential stopping point. Lights etc. Feel sorry for the lorry drivers but as can be seen people don’t care until they are directly affected. These guys keep the county moving and food on the supermarket shelves . They have to stop at the light and the migrants they know it. It’s an easy target compared with Calais
Police are around but not enough of them for the amount there.
Not my problem though :cry:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Got off the 6.45am yesterday morning. The port and town was deserted at 7am, we were wondering what the fuss was about. Got on the Caen road, stopped at the first island, where the Pommiers site is, and there were a lot of young men hanging around the site access road and grass by the road junction, we estimated 50-60. You couldn't have got in or out of the site without stopping and they were standing right on the roundabout edge. No trouble, just standing around.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Now if they are all darling migrants why have next to none of them got the family with them. They should be turned around.

Anyone who attempts illegal entry should be automatically deported.

From the drive by media reports they seem to be paying "traffickers" vast sums which would have bought them (a family) an air ticket for a "holiday" and claimed asylum here on arrival as the then first safe port of call, not trapse half way across the norh eastern hemisphere to attempt an illegal entry.

Sandal wearing, tree hugging, yoghurt knitting do gooders can shout and scream abuse at me water off a ducks back.

Rant over

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There seems to be a trend for trafficking gangs to shift their activities to other places since security was tightened at Calais. We have used Ouistreham - Portsmouth many times but every new social media story gives the impression that the situation around Caen seems to be getting worse not better. Brittany Ferries won't see us again until this is sorted. It's the truckers who are left most at risk, as usual, and they should not have to put up with this constant harassment by migrants.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
As is your attempted abuse:)

You are of course entitled to hold your opinion. We must count ourselves lucky that we can all express opinions for or against in our country and long may that continue.

We can agree to differ and hope somewhere a solution will be found. Sadly one of our problems is attaching our values and culture to others from areas holding much different values and of diverse cultures. Look at the petty squabbling between the countries of our own "United Kingdom"

Meanwhile if you are in a position to positively assist the seekers of asylum I applaud your actions.

Clive

Deleted User
You are of course entitled to hold your opinion. We must count ourselves lucky that we can all express opinions for or against in our country and long may that continue.

We can agree to differ and hope somewhere a solution will be found. Sadly one of our problems is attaching our values and culture to others from areas holding much different values and of diverse cultures. Look at the petty squabbling between the countries of our own "United Kingdom"

Meanwhile if you are in a position to positively assist the seekers of asylum I applaud your actions.

Clive

I refer you to your previous post "Sandal wearing, tree hugging, yoghurt knitting do gooders "

I have never hugged a tree or attempted to knit yoghurt (or anything else:)) but I do wear sandals most of the time and I prefer to do good if I can.......is there something wrong with doing good?

The attempted entry of illegal immigrants is a problem that needs solving,not by me, attempting to abuse others who hold different opinions helps no one.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I refer you to your previous post "Sandal wearing, tree hugging, yoghurt knitting do gooders "

I have never hugged a tree or attempted to knit yoghurt (or anything else:)) but I do wear sandals most of the time and I prefer to do good if I can.......is there something wrong with doing good?

The attempted entry of illegal immigrants is a problem that needs solving,not by me, attempting to abuse others who hold different opinions helps no one.

Sadly, no abuse was attempted, it is all in the perception. Not helping my case is the pleasure I get from eating yoghurt (particularly the Lidl Greek style with honey), coupled with the fact that if I am unable to go barefoot then "sandals" are my preferred footwear (worse still, I have been known to wear them with socks.

The problem with those wishing to enter our country illegally goes back many years. Little has been done. Education is the answer both home and away. We should be helping people to live not bombing them. Sadly the problem is more about power and control and many righteous souls. I remember a singer it was reported saying that she would take immigrant children herself but later reports suggest that not one was accommodated. All our information is second hand and anecdotal.

I believe that we (you and I) actually hold the same opinion and that the immigrants should be helped. Those who wish to break the law must be treated accordingly.

It is a poison chalice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back