Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi all

We're off the Caen Ferry tomorrow evening about 10pm and looking for an Aire to head to for the night. We used to go to the Colleville Montgomery Aire but I'm not so sure the bays will be big enough now we've changed vans and are 7.5 metres. Don't need any services, just easy access in the dark!

Cheers Dave

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
Lion-sur-Mer. Car park by day, motorhomes permitted by night. Police chuck you out (politely) at 10 a.m. I think you can't camp until 8 p.m. though that won't affect you in this case. I think you could get in with a long van. It's by the beach at the east end of town down a narrowish backstreet opposite the town hall. I could look up the GPS co-ordinates if you ask nicely!

If you go west along the coast from there, there's one right on the road, a lay-by, official aire, easy to get into but no view or anything. Then a few miles further along the coast, there's one opposite Intermarche. All these aires are within 10 miles of Ouistreham (ferry port of Caen).

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Lion-sur-Mer. Car park by day, motorhomes permitted by night. Police chuck you out (politely) at 10 a.m. I think you can't camp until 8 p.m. though that won't affect you in this case. I think you could get in with a long van. It's by the beach at the east end of town down a narrowish backstreet opposite the town hall. I could look up the GPS co-ordinates if you ask nicely!

If you go west along the coast from there, there's one right on the road, a lay-by, official aire, easy to get into but no view or anything. Then a few miles further along the coast, there's one opposite Intermarche. All these aires are within 10 miles of Ouistreham (ferry port of Caen).

I've found the Lion-sur-Mer aire in Search for sites and had a quick look on Google Earth. Looks ideal but with other options nearby. Much appreciated...many thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've stayed at Ouistreham aire. We're 7.5m as well and there's loads of room.

49.287545 -0.249755

It's literally half a mile from the ferry terminal.

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
We stayed at the aire in Hermanville sur Mer (camper connect code 8297 https://www.campercontact.com/en/fr...-parking-aire-municipale.aspx?filter=|&src=as) on both the way in and way out when getting the ferry. It's a small, quite aire in the centre of the village just a couple of km from the port. Camper connect says there are discharge and water there but we didn't see any services. It's a bit tight but we are 8m and fit in there ok (with a bit of an overhang).

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
OK, it's not cheap but we book online a place on the camping car platform at Pommiers site, It has a new name I think. This is hardstanding with Ehu and facilities. They stay open for the ferry, so no worries about when and where to start the holiday.
A few minutes from ferry, first roundabout towards Caen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Like @AndyJJDavies we also tend to stay at Hermanville Sur Mer, it's in a square behind the shops and is free. You can pick up water (also free) and discharge waste there, it's in a dedicated space just along from the parking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back