Cadaques & Girona area October: any recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Thinking about Cadaques and possibly Girona for this October half term. Having never been to that region i wonder if anyone can recommend any areas to visit around either or even any sites although not sure how many will still be open at that time of year.

The beach and the hills are calling...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thinking about Cadaques and possibly Girona for this October half term. Having never been to that region i wonder if anyone can recommend any areas to visit around either or even any sites although not sure how many will still be open at that time of year.

The beach and the hills are calling...

Not sure it’s far enough South for beach weather in mid to late October?

We visit L’escala a lot and love that area but no experience of what it’s like at that time of the year.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Girona itself is quite nice (more so if you are a GoT fan, I guess) and the free aire there is OK for a night or two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Not sure it’s far enough South for beach weather in mid to late October?

We visit L’escala a lot and love that area but no experience of what it’s like at that time of the year.

Yes good point about the temperatures, our lot seem happy to swim in anything above 16º bit may already be less by then ?

Will take a look at L'escala, thanks for that tip.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Girona itself is quite nice (more so if you are a GoT fan, I guess) and the free aire there is OK for a night or two.

GoT ? Game of Thrones ?

Never knew there was a connection to Girona, just that there are more Pro cyclist living there than any where else in the World (did i say i may take my bike;););))

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, lots of series 6 was filmed there - Broken Link Removed

Wow, certainly on the list now !

My cunning plan of abandoning the family in Girona whilst i go off cycling may now just become a reality, just have to let them watch GoT first so they have some appetite and don't notice i'm not there:LOL:

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
A while ago we stopped at El Far hotel between Tamariu and Llfranc
Quite an expensive restaurant though cheaper for breakfast and lunch. Great views and happy for us to stay overnight in carpark
hotelelfar.com

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
We love Estartit but, I think it maybe a bit cool in October, suggest you go a couple of hours further to Cambrils weather will be better there.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
For an extra couple of choices, I'm just back from a few days at Camping Illa Mateua, in L'Escala. Nice site but they close 18th Oct. At the other end of the bay, in Roses, is Camping JoncarMar, open all year, where I spent a few days last year. Excellent facilities, close to the beach and town. I'd use it again... (y)

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
For an extra couple of choices, I'm just back from a few days at Camping Illa Mateua, in L'Escala. Nice site but they close 18th Oct. At the other end of the bay, in Roses, is Camping JoncarMar, open all year, where I spent a few days last year. Excellent facilities, close to the beach and town. I'd use it again... (y)

That's excellent, thanks very much for the suggestions. We'd plan to be there that very week the first site closes so should be able to just squeeze in.

Will take a closer look now.

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
We are in Estartit just now, and it has been 26 degrees for the last three days. Camping les Medes campsite is open all year round, and it is an excellent site. There were only about 10 spaces left yesterday.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We are in Estartit just now, and it has been 26 degrees for the last three days. Camping les Medes campsite is open all year round, and it is an excellent site. There were only about 10 spaces left yesterday.

26º is fine by me, guess it will be a tad colder in a few wks but more than survivable. Will take a look at Estartit and the campsite you suggest, great that it's open all year round.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
26º is fine by me, guess it will be a tad colder in a few wks but more than survivable. Will take a look at Estartit and the campsite you suggest, great that it's open all year round.

The campsite has an indoor pool and there will be many who overwinter there, but it is a bit too unsettled in winter for us...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back