Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
HI

so now we are looking for a Cadac, there seems to be two different types,

Eazi chef and Carri Chef, both of which you can get deluxe versions, one seems to be on a tripod, the other with 3 seperate legs, is there a difference? apart from the type of stand?

Hoping to get a cheap one as it is end of season, but don't want to get the wrong one

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows of one up for sale?????

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi
Just variations on a theme Debs they all work the same, so its personal choice, and a great bit of kit they are,as you no doubt found out thats why you want one:thumb:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
I would definately recommend one on "legs" so you do not have to keep bending down or crawling around on the floor to cook the grub :roflmto:
Ours is a slightly older model with a kinda tripod arrangement, made of tubular steel, the more modern ones have three legs that attach and they are plastic I believe, so a little lighter....
I know that ours works the same as some of the newer versions, but as I said, go for one with legs....

Keith

OP
OP
The Poor Relations

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
cool, so eazi chef, and carri chef, both deluxe models are the same, just different shape legs, odd how that makes a difference in price. I will look out for a bargain then, either then I suppose will do, the ones on e-bay are a bit old and rusty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Debs
The one Link Removed is very similar to ours. Ours has the flat plate / griddle, not the bars, but you can get all the accessories anyway. The picture shows it just after it has been cooked on, but it should come to you nice and clean (well one would hope so.......). I can recommend this type, coz we use one :roflmto:, and it is very cheap at the mo.....

Good luck

Keith

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
HI

so now we are looking for a Cadac, there seems to be two different types,

Eazi chef and Carri Chef, both of which you can get deluxe versions, one seems to be on a tripod, the other with 3 seperate legs, is there a difference? apart from the type of stand?

Hoping to get a cheap one as it is end of season, but don't want to get the wrong one

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows of one up for sale?????

apart from the legs (awkward to level up on uneven ground) and a condiment tray underneath, the carri-chef has piezo quartz ignition wereas the easi-chef has a box of match's.
just bought the carri-chef at york show and its the dogs bo**ocks :thumb: except getting it level if you use the flat plate + oil. hav'nt used the other plates yet but im sure they are very good. bargain at (show price) £99 + £26 for a gas outlet plate for van side (ripoff for what it is) + £10 for 5mtrs low pressure hose (no lugging bottles from van)
only real problem is weight. carri-chef by name but you might as well carry a chef.:ROFLMAO:
dont forget it comes from the land of the braii (bbq) NO not oz but south africa and they know what they're doing.

john.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back