Cadac users - help! (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2020
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 690SC
Exp
First time using my Cadac Grillo chef 2, and the burner assembly is stuck fast on the gas valve section. It’s supposed to just lift off! Anyone else had this problem, and any suggestions please? Still works ok but can’t pack it away in bag as can’t get it apart! Have tried hot water, and silicone spray, and it’s still stuck 😤🤬

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I had this problem with a Grillo chef a few years ago, took it back to the retailer who contacted Cadac, apparently there was a bad batch and a few had been replaced under warranty already so they gave me a new one.

For info I got mine apart eventually with a rubber mallet I had with me (camping at the time)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Thross
Nov 13, 2020
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 690SC
Exp
I had this problem with a Grillo chef a few years ago, took it back to the retailer who contacted Cadac, apparently there was a bad batch and a few had been replaced under warranty already so they gave me a new one.

For info I got mine apart eventually with a rubber mallet I had with me (camping at the time)
Thanks - it will be going back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2021
Lincolnshire Wolds AONB, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 540
Exp
Since 2008
Had exactly the same problem with my Cadac Grillo Chef 2 after the first use! Took some hefty 'percussion persuasion' to get it apart, but not before significant damage was caused. Emailed Cadac UK customer services, and supplied supporting photo evidence of problem, and copy of receipt, plus - importantly - what I expected them to provide as replacements (in this case, the burner base and the supporting stem, i.e. the 2 items that had 'fused' together.) Email receipt was acknowledged, and less than 2 days later, replacement items arrived from Cadac. 10/10 for customer service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Thross
Nov 13, 2020
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 690SC
Exp
Had exactly the same problem with my Cadac Grillo Chef 2 after the first use! Took some hefty 'percussion persuasion' to get it apart, but not before significant damage was caused. Emailed Cadac UK customer services, and supplied supporting photo evidence of problem, and copy of receipt, plus - importantly - what I expected them to provide as replacements (in this case, the burner base and the supporting stem, i.e. the 2 items that had 'fused' together.) Email receipt was acknowledged, and less than 2 days later, replacement items arrived from Cadac. 10/10 for customer service.
Great result - but that’s just how it should be! Used mine a few times last week in Devon and this one is absolutely fine! Great piece of kit when it works!😎

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2021
Lincolnshire Wolds AONB, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 540
Exp
Since 2008
I can't see any obvious sign of these 2 new items being different than the originals, although the packing sheet that came with them states that the burner base assembly is a 'new part number' and the centre housing 2 step valve stem is '2nd generation.' The black ( ~ 4") disc on top of the new burner assembly has no fixing screws, whereas the original had 2, but that's the only visual difference. We shall see.....

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Interesting I had the same thing eventually got it off. Put a bit of WD40 on been fine ever since.
Had I have know it was faulty would have taken it back! Think it’s a bit late now (over a year no receipt).
Still a good piece of kit though we use ours regularly.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back