EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
We have a safari chef that we use sometimes when the weather is fine and we want to relax with a glass of wine and be outside. Otherwise we can use it at home for a quick alfresco meal(charcol BBQ takes a time to be suitable for cooking) with a different pipe connection to a gas bottle. Washing up can be reduced with a frying pan if thought necessary.
So useful accessory for us.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Our is used regularly when away. We've also got one of the larger ones (can't remember model) which we used to use when we were a family of 5. No problem cleaning, as already stated hot soapy water does the job.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks. A joke isn't funny thought if you have to explain it is it.
Its difficult looking at a forum to know when a joke is a joke sometimes, that's why I'm a great believer in using the smilies/emojis as they can relay quite easily the way it is meant ... for example a :D would have shown you were joking, a :( would have show you were serious ...

So long as your jokes don't stoop to the depths of Old-Mo you'll be fine! :D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
We've the latest model and an external bbq point. Used prob 12 times in a three-week stint in France, either for lunch, dinner or just pizza for lunch. Cooked breakfast the other week at Lincoln. Cleaning just needs some v hot water and a spare bowl so not to get greasy stuff in the grey water tank.View attachment 260646
Just bought same model, best MH bbq to date easy to setup use separate bowl to wash. Easy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We use a Cobb, it can even bake bread

We use a Cobb as well.

To be fair they can't really be compared - a Cobb isn't a replacement for any type of BBQ or grill. It's a completely different thing.

Sportsnapper

Free Member
Sep 3, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
Since 2004
Still got out Cobb, that we used an enormous amount since we bought it at the Newbury show not long after we bought our first M/home (2004). But must admit we're delighted with the Cadac as you can switch it on and go...not wait xx mins for the coals to heat up. If you have time, that's OK, but some of the events we go having the ability to cook almost as soon as it's out of the bag is a big bonus. Or if we're feeding our Grandson, who at 7 doesn't really understand the whole "wait for the charcoal to turn grey" bit when he's starving hungry and may possible expire if not fed within the next 5 mins :):)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We just bought a Weber 1200, with a stand. It looks a great bit of kit, so our Cadac is being made redundant, was good to use but a nightmare to wash. I always used disposable gloves.
I just need to work out how to attach the Weber to the gas attachment on the van.
Just get a https://gasproducts.co.uk/cadac-bra...ctKUTtTgEArjyVipKWxqz-03HGCoIoKBoC71UQAvD_BwE
It’s screws into the Weber and the other end goes on to the Hose if you also buy these https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2-X-Brass-...s%3D73d8823a1660ab4ccad466b0fffa350c&thm=1000 it saves having more than one connector to the van

Last edited:

Mathieu Vereecke

Free Member
Jan 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 567
Exp
since 2018
We've the latest model and an external bbq point. Used prob 12 times in a three-week stint in France, either for lunch, dinner or just pizza for lunch. Cooked breakfast the other week at Lincoln. Cleaning just needs some v hot water and a spare bowl so not to get greasy stuff in the grey water tank.View attachment 260646
Hi, I also have a cadac chef with the large gas bottles.Would you be able to tell me what attachment I need to connect it to an external gas point? and would I need a separate regulator?

Thanks

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
had two cadacs in my camping lifetime and just sold my latest cadac on ebay... my new baby was delivered today Webber Q1200 with rotisserie..
just ordered the gas adaptors to hook up to the MH. Ready for the first play come the weekend

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
That’s all we use.

I think I read on here that they are banned in Australia because they can explode if the cartridge overheats.
They are a pain in even the slightest wind. Chucked mine away.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are a pain in even the slightest wind. Chucked mine away.
Easy-peasy to make a windbreak round them and we ensure that the pans we use on ours don't cover the gas compartment which I think is when they can be prone to overheating, used sensibly and not sticking massive pans on and they are fine, wouldn't be without ours.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi, I also have a cadac chef with the large gas bottles.Would you be able to tell me what attachment I need to connect it to an external gas point? and would I need a separate regulator?

Thanks
It will depend on what external gas outlet point you have as I'm not sure if they are all the same, do you know what it is, or can you put up a photo of it? If you use this you won't need another regulator as it will already be going through your MH's.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Had a Carri chef when kids came with us, used every day, breakfasts and evening BBQ, with grill letting fat thro to burn away, great smells and taste
Now just us two, got a grillo-chef, about 2 thirds the size, same routines same results, we love it
Joe & Sue

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Had a Carri chef when kids came with us, used every day, breakfasts and evening BBQ, with grill letting fat thro to burn away, great smells and taste
Now just us two, got a grillo-chef, about 2 thirds the size, same routines same results, we love it
Joe & Sue
Yep cadac for me ..

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Had a safari chef used a few times now sold and have a small stove like minxy a lot better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back