Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I’m having bit of trouble cooking a pizza on my cadac it’s burning the underside of the pizza I pre heat the pizza stone then I turn the heat down and then put plenty of flour on the pizza stone and then place pizza on the stone and place lip on to cook but it’s still burning underside of pizza any tips

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Try leaving the lid off. They can cook very quickly so it's a bit of trial and error but too much heat can be as bad as not enough

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It should cook in a few minutes if the stone is hot enough. But if it's actually burning it might be too hot. If you just sprinkle flour on the stone without the pizza does the flour burn? If it does the stone must be far too hot. Which surprises me but I guess it could happen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Never seen such an over priced, over praised piece of motorhomeing kit in my life.
Disposable BBQ things knock them to cocked hats.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Your probably seeing a burnt layer under the pizza that you can peel away, if that’s the case it the flour burning not the pizza itself.

This is a sign of too much flour being used/flour being put onto the stone before the pizza is put on.

When you roll out the dough, the flour on the board should be all you need, if you do add any to the finished Pizza, put it on the peel, not the stone and only use very little.

If you prefer American style then don’t use any flour on the peel, use oil.

If you want a really good pizza then the answer is here https://uk.ooni.com/products/ooni-koda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back