Cadac Safari Chef 2 Low Pressure (1 Viewer)

anjasola

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Kinross
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
5 years
Just bought one and a EN417 regulator and hose kit to use with camping gaz canisters. Help please, do I also need a camping gaz regulator?

Thank you.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
You will need a regulator for the camping gaz bottle

like this one

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The LP version must be connected to a gas cylinder through an appropriate regulator.
Camping Gaz canisters are used with the HP version.

Just noticed you've got an EN417. This is used to connect 1/4 BSP left hand threaded canisters to a Chef LP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anjasola

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Kinross
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
5 years
Sorry for being unsure but I assumed the Camping Gaz stuff would connect onto the EN417 , I then used Mr Google and found some confusing info indicating a Camping Gaz regulator was also required in addition to the EN417, that had me baffled as to what would connect to what. ???

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry for being unsure but I assumed the Camping Gaz stuff would connect onto the EN417 , I then used Mr Google and found some confusing info indicating a Camping Gaz regulator was also required in addition to the EN417, that had me baffled as to what would connect to what. ???
EN417 are gas cannisters with a screw connection, for example those sold by Coleman. Campingaz do not make this sort of cannister. If you want to use Campingaz then you either need to buy a Campingaz bottle and a Campingaz regulator or if you want to use Campingaz cannisters you will need to buy an adaptor which fits on the current design of Campingaz cannister. They used to make cannister which were piercable but they have a new design these days. Something like this will do the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

anjasola

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Kinross
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
5 years
EN417 are gas cannisters with a screw connection, for example those sold by Coleman. Campingaz do not make this sort of cannister. If you want to use Campingaz then you either need to buy a Campingaz bottle and a Campingaz regulator or if you want to use Campingaz cannisters you will need to buy an adaptor which fits on the current design of Campingaz cannister. They used to make cannister which were piercable but they have a new design these days. Something like this will do the job.

Thank you DBK all makes sense now.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It may need a different jet also as mine came with 2

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014