Cadac Question (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
So what's the latest on price, off to the Motorhome show in Manchester on Friday and cheapest I've found to beat so far is £89 for the safari chef 2. If there cheaper there I'll get one
Thanks.
I wasn't impressed with the Cadac stand at the NEC show last October - no special offers, they were just selling them for full price (£99 I think).

Cheapest I can find:

£79.99 + £3.95 p+p = £83.94 delivered and if you sign up for their email newsletter you get a voucher but not sure what that is.

http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/gb/Cadac-Safari-Chef-2-LP/m-18446.aspx
That's a pretty good price, and they're a good shop too (I've used them many times). I think they send you a 10% off voucher for signing up to their newsletter but I'm not sure. They also tend to send out 10% codes a few times a year via email - but the Cadac may be back up to full price by then though.

This is another place worth keeping an eye on - we got our Safari Chef 2 for £76.50 delivered a few months ago when they had a 15% off code on their website. They're more expensive than Campingworld at the moment though.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
That's a great price @Minxy Girl thanks,
@DM23 also noticed there were no savings at the NEC. Bit disappointing but will still wait and see what's on offer Friday.
Thanks

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We picked up the Grillogas in a sale from Milletts online a couple of years ago, who misadvertised it as having the reversible grill, so got another discount due to that. Think we paid circa £60 for it, one of the better accessories we've bought for the van, its used a lot when we're away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I've been using my Cadac for years now and love it, but more recently I bought a paella pan for it, which gets used a lot more than any of the other plates.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've been using my Cadac for years now and love it, but more recently I bought a paella pan for it, which gets used a lot more than any of the other plates.
... a large frying pan then ... :D2 ;)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Bought a safari chef 2 at the Manchester show, nice couple on a stall selling cadac's gave me a demo and said normal £115 or show price £95 and what did I think. Said I could buy one for £80 + postage so he dropped his price to £89, close enough for me :)

Deleted User
There is a general price difference of £10 due to the cheaper uses a bottle, that fits under the cooker. The dearer one you can hook up by regulator to a calor bottle or your MoHo system. Saves carrying another bottle of gas around with you. If buying on Ebay, not always clear which fitting, is the one on offer.
Bought ours last October for £105 including 4 metres of tubing, clamps etc.

Bull

Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 734
Exp
Had a look at the NEC today and although they say it's a show special price of £199 for the Carri Chef 2 with griddle and pan, you can buy the same rig on Amazon for £10 less and have it delivered to your door :wondering:

Reactions: Pia

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Bought mine last year at Go Outdoors . Can't remember how much it was, there are so many variations but it's the big size with regulator gas connection and paella pan. Very happy with it.

Still have offers on for example Broken Link Removed

Also members of C&CC get extra discount too, think it's 10%.

We have an outlet about 10 miles away so collected at store, so can't comment on how good or otherwise their "postal" service is like

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
not really......it's quite a different shape to a frying pan and certainly does the job differently:)
... frying pan = round
... paella pan = round

not sure how it can do a job differently as they both go on the heat and cook the food ... :rolleyes:

Deleted User
As stated previously we paid £105 for the Cadac Safari Chef 2 last November. Which is ideal as a 2-4 person cooker, and I imagine the best size for a Motorhome. At that price came with the base, which surronds the gas, and then the lid, which also serves as a boiler / stew / paella, a griddle and a flat iron. I believe there is a Paella pan and a stone, for pizza. But am under the impression these 2 are for the larger cooker.
The griddle is excellent, but the lid for stews and paella, kept catching on the bottom. Probably best for boiling. Not used the flat iron as yet. Now looking for a lightweight storage box to keep it in as the cardboard box won't last long, perhaps find a tad larger so that the halogen oven can go side by side.
Ian S

Deleted User
Hi millie the hyper, just checked your web description from go out doors at £99, this is the system for the sepearte bottle. The one for MoHo gas is £10 dearer, and requires longer tubing, as said paid £14 for 4 metres and the clamps.Sounds quite a length, but gives us the flexibility under the awning / gazeebo.
The above is really for new readers information.
Bon cuisine

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Now looking for a lightweight storage box to keep it in as the cardboard box won't last long, perhaps find a tad larger so that the halogen oven can go side by side.
Ian S
Didn't yours come with a storage bag? Ours did, and all the ones I've seen for sale have done. You can buy cheap storage bags for the Safari Chef on ebay.

Hi millie the hyper, just checked your web description from go out doors at £99, this is the system for the sepearte bottle. The one for MoHo gas is £10 dearer
The one linked to is the correct one - Cadac make two Safari Chefs (the HP and LP versions) but it looks like Go Outdoors only sell the LP version.
The LP version is designed to work with a separate gas bottle or a BBQ point. It doesn't usually come with a hose and regulator because they don't know what bottle you'll be using.

Its the you want to avoid - that one runs off a small gas cartridge instead of bottled gas.

I still remember cleaning my cadac after use:eek:
never again will I own a cadac:cool:
a folding charcoal BBQ or a simple gas burner [foker?]
http://gasproducts.co.uk/outdoor-li...qSq2GMbLqEhCaceHgWisy9UPej6_C7ZK_AaAqhW8P8HAQ
just put a pan on it, simples
Cadac, a triumph in advertising, a disaster in catering;)
I don't find them hard to clean really - the Carri Chef being bigger is a bit awkward if you only have a small sink, but the Safari Chef fits in great.
I've cooked many a fantastic meal on the Carri Chef, haven't had the Safari Chef that long yet but so far so good there too. I guess there's enough choice out there that we should all be able to find something that suits us.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
IMG_1522.JPG
Paella pan in action...

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
... frying pan = round
... paella pan = round

not sure how it can do a job differently as they both go on the heat and cook the food ... :rolleyes:
...but the sides are quite different:D

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Safari Chef fits in great.
....this one is very easy to clean even in a small sink....we love our Cadac we have the big one at home and the small one in the MH..wouldn't be without either...they are the best we've tried and we've tried quite a few....so there's lots of choice out there.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
and............. we have one, looks great in the bag cos ive yet to use it in anger lol, made sure it works so far.............seems well made.........
and if you want to watch potentially the most wrist slittingly dull vid, search youtube for instructions thereof...................its so bad, you have to watch it, the unpacking video is so ............well, forget xhamster................i was excited for hours............

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Safari Chef is £81 inc delivery from BBQ World right now: its already on offer at £89.99 but if you use the voucher code SPRING10 (valid until 13th March) you can get it for £80.99. The larger Cadacs are also discounted (not so much though).

I've bought a couple of BBQs from Dawsons/BBQ World and can recommend them: good prices, quick delivery and great customer service if something goes wrong.

prb

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 10, 2015
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Four years
Can someone tell me the difference between a braai and a plancha plate?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
In action 2, chicken & chorizo paella on the go....

View attachment 150031

and in action 3, white wine, garlic and one or two moules....

View attachment 150032
Ooft, apparently Jamie what's his face was done for adding chorizo to a paella. Not the done thing but if you have any spare then let me know as I always have a spare fork to hand :). Obviously once you have done some appropriate cultural appropriation.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Can someone tell me the difference between a braai and a plancha plate?
A braai is just a very large shallow pan shaped like a dome but shallow much shallower than a wok....used on the large Cadac....not sure about the plancha but in Spain plancha means a hot plate which is a large flat surface....not a ridged one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back